Snail & Ladybug, Nick Deboar (3D)

Title: Snail & Ladybug
Name: Nick Deboar
Software: Maya, mental ray

An update of my last ladybug image. Wondering if it still needs more detail/elements?

Modelled in Maya, Rendered in Mental Ray.

Maybe is my screen but I think it´s a bit dark, and I would try something more organic with the leaf.
I really like the snail´s shader

+1 Snail shader is awesome! I’m not sure, but I think the ladybug skin should be a little more glossy/rubbery.

That’s a cool render, the materials are neat.

Ive been working on that damn ladybug for way to long :wink: Just can’t quite nail it. I think that’s why I added a snail, to make up for it.

Maybe, additional to the glossiness, the bumpmap you used (did you?) is some sort of regular noise map? This makes the skin of the bug look more like rock surface… maybe if you use some map that allows intervals of more glossy skin. But tbh, I’ve never magnified a bug to really know the difference :).

love the feel…

hey nice work.

2 Words - LOVE IT! Nice work buddy. The shader of the Snail is very good. Keep it up. :thumbsup:

Nice models. Cool work!

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.