Smallpoly_#DrawCember Sketchbook Thread

@POSEIdOON, grafik, Doomov: Thank you. It’s been a while since I’ve worked on larger paper and especially not the fancy heavyweight stuff. I like how much easier it is to control the details. Still too expensive to use all the time, but at least ledger size printer paper is pretty cheap.

@WyattHarris Thanks! I’m really proud of how those ones came out.

@nkirill Moebius is great. I’d love to get that good. If you aren’t already familiar withJosan Gonzalez, his work is very much in the same vein.

@STFVIT Thank you!

Day 18. - Working on my weak areas is feeling exhausting and frustrating, but that’s how it felt when I was first starting into doing the crosshatched portraits too and pushing through on those made them a lot better. I like some of the thumbnails versions a lot better than the final thing on this one. It probably means I’m on the right track. I used a nib holder with an offset this time, which I liked using a lot. I really love the line variation you can get with quills, but I’m having a tough time controlling it right now.

I want to try this one again on larger paper. 5x8 felt way too small for this nib. I also still want to find an affordable scanner that can handle 11x17 in one pass, especially a portable one.

Awesome, you are very talented. Keep up the good work! :slight_smile:

Uh what exactly is he doing? Looks interesting :smiley:

The direct answer is that he’s replacing a cartridge, but thematically it has more to do with drug addiction and depression.

You make using ink look so easy. Great thumbnails and sketches and story you’re showing in each piece!

@justcallmeinsane Thank you!

Day 19, wanted to take another shot at drawing robots and enlarging from the thumbnails from yesterday. Did some of that, then started into some drawings of immortal robots that want to die, but their attempts just aren’t enough…

Hit image limit. Last two - the enlargements from yesterdays thumbnails.

Full sheet from this one.

I like a lot day18! These last sketches look pretty cool also! It’s different from your previous works.

I like the Spare parts robot. Good work. The robot-doodles are also very nice! I like the one with the face :slight_smile:

The suicidal robots made me laugh out loud! Ahaha Very cool stuff SmallPoly :smiley:

Holy shiiieeeeetttt. You’re so creative (and productive) ! I’m in awe !
Those drawings are so beautiful and funny ! So inspiring too !! :eek:

love your sketches very loose and with a pen :applause:

Good call on Josan.
Interesting ideas in the robo suicide doodles. I like that your showing practice images leading to the final.

@grafik, LadyMedusa, POSEIdOON, WyattHarris: Thanks guys! I’m having a lot of fun doing the robots, so I think I’ll be doing more in the future.

@Lammakian, Khosi: Thank you!

Did some more suicidal robot stuff for day 20, this time as a comic strip sort of thing and started up a page on the comic hosting site “Tapas”. Did another one last night too I haven’t scanned yet. I think the next time I do one of these challenges I should start off doing one extra so I can be more on top of things and post in the morning or afternoon instead of posting each new one at 2AM the next day. :wink:

https://tapas.io/series/Robotika

Very good drawings! luscious lines.
I like your humor, as you run the thread all the way through.

Ehehehnot an easy existence! Your work really excels in the thumbnail format.

Day 21

I love that panel - ‘wait, I dont breathe’. haha.

Can’t wait to see the last day :slight_smile: You can do it!

Loved to see your work man! Waiting to see your final piece tomorrow because tonight i need to rest and i’ll continue to follow your work on social media. So if i don’t see it tomorrow i’ll find you in 2018 (this seemed a stalker line! lol)
Merry Chrismtas and a Happy New Year!!!

Thanks guys! Final one. Glad this thing is over because I’m ready to relax.

14x17 this time. My mom had asked for a botanical drawing for Christmas, so I wanted to do that one last so I could benefit from the practice.

Just can’t get this non-photo blue pencil to come out.

Tried out an ink wash on a second page, but ended up deciding against it.