Sketchbook Thread of Skurai

Hi guys, my name is Kevin, but I go under the nic Skurai.
I am a fourteen year old kid from Sweden, and this is my junkkard.
I guess I will start this off now…

First time working with traditional media for a couple of moths:
(Paper + Pencil > Photoshop)

Well, these were my doodles for tonight… more coming soon.

PAPER TUTORIAL
[size=2]
STEP I
[size=1]Scaned in sketch
[/size]
Step II
[/size][size=2][size=1]Filled paper texture[/size][/size]
[size=2]
Step III
[/size][size=2][size=1]Adjustment[/size][/size]
[size=2]
[/size]
Cheers!
*Skurai

Heya Kevin / Skurai, :slight_smile:

Which do you prefer to be called? And, lol, I thought the last time you posted you were 15? Are you aging backwards? :eek: :smiley: Just kidding! :slight_smile:

Nice work here! I’m glad you’re putting this up ~ do you mind if I change the name of your thread to Anatomy Thread of Skurai? :slight_smile:

By the way, your handwriting is beautiful. I don’t know what it is about Sweden, but they really teach you guys beautiful penmanship! Are there actual classes? :slight_smile: I used to have decent handwriting, but now thanks to that convenient computer thingy, my writing now looks like chicken scratch. :slight_smile:

Looking forward to seeing your work here! What are your plans?

Cheers, :slight_smile:

~Rebeccak

Heya Kevin / Skurai,

Which do you prefer to be called? And, lol, I thought the last time you posted you were 15? Are you aging backwards? Just kidding!

Haha, no, I think I was 13 or 14 .
Call me whatever you want, I don’t care :slight_smile:

Nice work here! I’m glad you’re putting this up ~ do you mind if I change the name of your thread to Anatomy Thread of Skurai?

Go ahead, and thanks :smiley:

By the way, your handwriting is beautiful. I don’t know what it is about Sweden, but they really teach you guys beautiful penmanship! Are there actual classes? I used to have decent handwriting, but now thanks to that convenient computer thingy, my writing now looks like chicken scratch.

Haha, I guess my handwriting is okay :smiley:
The first ones are Da Vinci style writing (backwards, right to left…) and the paper tutorial are normal style writing, just a tad stylized :smiley:

Looking forward to seeing your work here! What are your plans?

Cheers,

~Rebeccak

I will just post sketches until I get ‘Anatomy for the artist’, when I get it I will start posting studies.
I will also post digital sketches, both nebezial style and non nebezial style hehe :smiley:

Thanks!
~Skurai

Kevin, :slight_smile:

I wondered about the daVinci thing, so I flipped your image and sure enough! :smiley: Cool! :slight_smile:
But don’t worry, I can’t read Swedish. :smiley:

I will just post sketches until I get ‘Anatomy for the artist’, when I get it I will start posting studies.
I will also post digital sketches, both nebezial style and non nebezial style hehe :smiley:

Sounds great! Maybe you should alert the nebz that you’ve got a thread goin’ on. :smiley:

~Rebeccak

Hehe, I usually write in english, dunno why :shrug:
I am pretty much fluent in daVinci writing, sometimes I make notes in class like that, it’s usefull since others can’t read it, they just ask “What language is that” (but in swedish) and I respond “Swedish” (or English :D), and they go “What!? WTF!” hehe, lol… yeah, I’m weird :smiley:

I will do that.

More stuff coming tomorrow, maybe tonight :smiley:
Cheers!
~Skurai

whut, u can write backwards like dat?? sweeet :thumbsup:

have fun with your anatomy studies, dude

Hehe, yeah, and thanks, I will have fun :smiley:

Another one, drew it this morning as a warm up sketch.
At one of the I tried to imitate my grandfathers drawing style (Olle Ohlsson) exept for the shading.
(Version I)

(Version II)

~Skurai

Hi Skurai… great beginnings you have here… and that paper tutorial will most certainly come in handy, I’d been looking for a way to liven my pencil sketches up. I like the fluidity your lines have, especially in that last piece. Is it the cross hathing method you tend to use all the time?

Thanks and you’re welcome :smiley:
Yes, I tend to use cross hatching when doing quick sketches and studies, especially if I want that old daVinci style look, you know, old paper, ink etc :smiley:
~Skurai

Quick sketch in Artrage:

~Skurai

Nice quick sketch Kevin! :thumbsup: That’s a great link about your grandfather…sounds like good craftsmanship really runs in your family! :slight_smile:

The head is a bit small, but the torso is really nicely done! I think you would greatly benefit from doing a master study or two!

~Rebeccak

And… what? There is no head :S
Anyways, yes, I will do a master study, I said so in the open figure drawing thread :smiley:
~Skurai

This inspires me to star experimenting with paper effects more often. It would be cool to see you do a Da Vinci master copy with that paper grain pencil sketch. Keep up the good work.

Yeah… I have actually been thinking about it… maybe I should do one.
Thanks, pushav, you too :smiley:

A quick warm up sketch I did this morning:

~Skurai

If you haven’t already, you should totally join the Challenge!

http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/journey_begins/enter.php

~Rebeccak

I have :smiley:

Two sketches:

~Skurai

Lovely work, Kev! :thumbsup: I mentioned this on your Challenge thread, but the landscape is beautiful in particular! Great stuff. :slight_smile:

~Rebeccak

Thanks, I appriciate it :smiley: