Sketchbook Thread of LoTekK

Oh, what the hell, why not.

Okay, fine, Rebecca, you twisted my arm. Here I am. :stuck_out_tongue:

Grabbed a bunch of images from the 15-minute reference thread, and decided to start with one of Hong Ly’s. I’ve decided I really need to get the whole drawing-with-the-arm-and-not-the-bloody-wrist-and-fingers thing down, so this was a good place to start. Propped up my TPC, got my ass off the chair, and went to town with an attempt at a gesture drawing.

Sweet jesus it is bloody difficult to draw with the arm. :argh: It probably doesn’t help that my TPC’s screen is only 12", and is pretty damned slick (note to self: get one of them WriteGuard screen protectors for a more tooth).

And so I present: my trainwreck, done in Sketchbook Pro on a TPC.

[color=Yellow]Yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

[size=2]Geez, finally Teck! After all, you’re partially responsible for my nascent forum addiction…it’s about damn time you frequented this forum! [/color][/size][color=PaleGreen][size=2]:wise: [/color][/size][color=PaleGreen][size=2]:stuck_out_tongue: :buttrock:

Great to see this sketch! Let’s see more of 'em! Bring 'em on!

Cheers, :slight_smile:

~Rk
[/color][/size]

Looks at Rebecca’s post count

Um. I don’t know if “addiction” is remotely accurate a description of your affliction. :smiley:

I’ll see if I can squeeze a few more tomorrow (or rather, later today, since it’s almost 5 in the morning here :p) before I head to class.

Hey Teck… looking forward to seeing more updates…!

That scream send a chill to my soul!
I am scared that Rebecca is about to pass me in posts!

-R

You have a soul? :stuck_out_tongue:

OUCH!
I fell backwards to the floor. A hand came from the monitor and slapped me…

hehe

-R

Dude. She’s not that far off. I give her another half an hour, and you’re toast. :wink:

Besides, her posts-per-day count probably rocks anyone on these forums. :smiley:

Anyways, I’m off to bed, catch y’all later.

Duuuuudes,

My current post count doesn’t include the 1200+ posts for the CGWorkshops…:smiley:

You were toast long ago, Ortiz! :smiley:

EDIT: 1,470 :wise:

I bow down to the mistress of posts…

Ouch

-R

It needs to be said. You’re sick, woman. Sick. :curious:

:smiley:

Okay, did a quick one after waking up. Need to keep doing this. Must. Improve. Line confidence. :argh:

Not so bad. :wise: Try again. :wise:

LoTekK yanks the hatchet out of the back of his head and nurses the wound

Coooold. :surprised

Okay, here we go. First one’s the gesture (I guess 5-10 mins?), and the next one was after about 10-15 mins of throwing some basic forms on:

Yeah, I botched a bunch of proportions. And I still need to work on the whole line confidence thing.

Hi LoTekk,

as concerns line confidence I think it’s all about mileage. Also, I read some comment around here somewhere (think it was in the Beginner’s Lounge) that you should not go over a line to confirm that you like it:scream: - maybe that helps…

But, the reason I post a reply is: the values on the last sketch are great!

you should not go over a line to confirm that you like it

Guilty as charged. :stuck_out_tongue: Rebecca’s actually told me as much when I did a figure drawing session with her some time last year, but it’s tough to get out of the habit. :surprised I’ll have to work on that a lot. :slight_smile:

the values on the last sketch are great!

:blush: Thanks. I made a point to use only black, white, and 50grey, to force myself to see the big shapes, instead of noodling like I usually tend to be prone to. :smiley:

I’ll try and get some more done tonight. Probably during my math lecture later. :scream:

Probably during my math lecture later. :scream:

lmao!:scream:

you have to set priorities, don’t you…? :smiley:

Well, didn’t manage to get any sketching done during the lecture, since I actually had to pay attention this time round (sometimes, math truly makes my head hurt :argh: ).

I’ll try and take a break to sketch sometime tonight while I’m working through some assignments. :slight_smile:

What is this ‘math’ of which you speak? :curious:

Yeah, yeah, rub it in. :curious: I still have bloody assignments to do. :argh:

Well, it’s half past three in the morning, and I’ve gotten exactly zero schoolwork done. I did, however, manage to sneak in a quick gesture. I might do a value study of it as well.

I actually managed to resist the temptation to go over my lines about two dozen times apiece. :slight_smile: Well, for the most part, anyways. I think it helped that I finally realized that the 12" screen wasn’t going to play well with just arm movement, so I compromised and used a combination of arm and wrist. Almost no fingerwork, though, which I’m rather pleased about.

Teck,

Without a doubt, these are the best drawings of yours I’ve seen ~ nice work! :thumbsup:

I think there may be a bit of misunderstanding with respect to my saying that one shouldn’t go over one’s lines ~ even in traditional work, I will refine my lines, and try to reinforce them / make them better as I go along, but I certainly revise like crazy digitally! :smiley:

It’s up to you of course in terms of approach, though ~ there aren’t really any rules. :slight_smile:

Cheers,

~Rebecca