Sketchbook Thread of Gonzalo Golpe

Hi there! Recently I discover this anatomy forum.Wonderful:wip:
I´ll star with two little things. The first, a little canvas that I made to a pub.(You can see the logo of Bacardi hehe). I decided to use this work of Velázquez, La fragua de Vulcano. I painted it with acrylics, in 2003:(sorry for the low quality of the image:sad: ):

This one a hand drawing that I made yesterday:

I´ll put more,hehe.
Regards!!

Gonzalo Golpe,

Terrific to see your thread! Quite a nice mural! Would you like to tell us something about yourself and your background? Also, do you have definite plans for your thread? It will be nice to watch your advancement!

Cheers, :slight_smile:

~Rebeccak

I like that hand drawing! realistic with a touch of style!:smiley: Nice!:thumbsup:

Of course!!:slight_smile: My name´s Gonzalo Golpe, 1 meter, 87 centimeters tall (metric system:D ) ,28 years old (until January 24th :sad: ,hehe) and I´m Master Degree in Fine Arts. I worked as a graphic and web designer and teacher. I have worked on Abstract/Contemporary Art but two years ago I decided to begin with digital painting and eight months ago I decided to buy a Wacom tablet,hehe and make more figurative works:) ,cause the contemporary businness dissapointed me a little bit.
Now I take up again the anatomy stuff cause is an interesting way to improve and make cool works:D

rblitz7: thanks so much!

Gonzalo Golpe,

Thank you for the background info! :slight_smile: It’s really interesting about your background with Abstract and Contemporary Art. Any particular favorite artists, contemporary or otherwise? Always cool to know. :slight_smile:

Great to have you aboard, and let’s see some more nice anatomy studies! :thumbsup:

~Rebeccak

For example, contemporary, modern and classic artists: Chema Madoz, Miquel Barceló, Franz Ackermann, Georges Rousse, Louise Bourgeois, H.R.Giger,Dalí, Picasso, Matisse, Sorolla, Velázquez, El Bosco, the guys who painted Lascaux and Altamira Caves,hahaha…I don´t know, i think…200 more,haha.

Another drawing by pencil. Based on the painting San Andrés by José de Ribera ( 1591 - 1652 ):

And thanks for the welcome again!:thumbsup:

Very cool! I quite love the look of old skin ~ it’s a lot more interesting than smooth. :slight_smile: Ribera is a great painter of old skin ~ I’m a big fan of his work. Will try to post some links at a later time. :slight_smile:

Cheers,

~Rebeccak

Hi Gonzalo,

this master copy of the old man is wonderful!

:thumbsup:

Looking forward to your next steps on your way to a great anatomy thread!

Yeah, Rebeccak it´s true:) these old masters hace done a good job,haha.:smiley:

And thanks, Mr. Mu. I´ll work on a new work and I´ll put it here:)

Hi Gonzalo! Some really nice drawings here! The hand is great - there’s nothing more difficult than hands and to give them expression. The Pub painting is cool too - fun idea to use Velázquez with Bacardi. :slight_smile:

Hi Gunilla!:wavey: thanks for your words!yeap, the hands are cool to draw,hehe.

Here I put another drawing. It´s a concept abour a fiction animal. The next post will be the muscles of him and the next…photoshop:scream: to give him some skin texture and colour. Hope you like it!:

Gonzalo Golpe,

Nice drawing! Have you seen Mike / default.rol’s thread? He has some cool fictional creature skeletons there as well. Definitely check it out! :wip:

Looking forward to seeing your update!

~Rebeccak

Gracias Rebecca:beer: Yeap I was looking at his forum. I´ll check it out again,hehe:) Now, I´m working with the muscles of this beautiful animal;)

Really nice fictional animal skeleton coming on there Gonzalo! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I look forward to seeing it develop.

MIKE

that is pretty interesting~i cant imagine skeleton of animals,kudos to u:thumbsup:

Hi …Gonzalo…:wavey: …:slight_smile:

Looks like you are very good at captureing emotion in your work, a nice and a rare gift
for sure…even comes thru in your hand study and that Ribera…GREAT…:thumbsup:
That creature your working on… is it predator or prey …just curious…
Lascaux…Altamera cave painters…thats great…they are usually forgotten.
Years ago, I came opon a painting of a bison on the face of a sandstone wall, hidden
way way back in a canyon called Vasquez Rocks, in the San Fernando valley, LA, CA. where
I grew up…painting captured the spirit of the bison, and also the emotion of the artist
who painted it…:bowdown:
A real pleasure to see your work, and looking forward to seeing more…:arteest:

Take Care
Glenn

Hey thanks Spirit Gallego:D (a great spirit I must say,lol)Love the ancient paintings of the caves and their expressions.I imagined this animal as a herbivore. Here I put the muscles of the Turadon:

And now I´ll start with photoshop work!hehe.Thanks for your words!!

Oops I forgot:

default.rol thanks so much Mike:thumbsup:

sh@ke: and thanks michael!!:scream: You are very talented and you can!!hehe:thumbsup:

Gonzalo Golpe,

Really exceptional work here! I quite like how you’re really thinking of the beast as a whole when drawing the individual muscles…that’s quite advanced, and great to see! I think you and Mike definitely have a lot in common!

By the way, you should definitely check out this thread:

Creature Designers - 2D / 3D TRADITIONAL AND DIGITAL
http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=257600

It’s an older thread, but some great work should still be there!

~Rebeccak

Hola Rebecca!:thumbsup: Yeah, you´re right. I think we must think the elements of the composition as an unique thing, but we can work every single detail. As Dalí said: “When you look at a hole landscape, don´t forget the ant on your feet”:slight_smile:
And thanks for the link, wonderful jobs and wonderful Alien,haha.

Regards!

Zalo