Simulating two cloth layers

Am I going crazy?
I have a character wearing a long robe - no probs with the sim; buuuut, when I try to sim his small waistcoat on top of it, it all goes to pieces :eek:
Basically, the waistcoat cloth won’t recognise the duplicated robe (connected ‘InMesh’ - ‘outMesh’ to original robe; duplicate being a collision object for the waistcoat)
Real world cms. scaling etc.

help :cry:

Atwooki

Huh?

You only want the waist coat to react to the robe, right?

You only want the waist coat to react to the robe, right?

Yep, that’s right; trouble is that the simulation of the waistcoat won’t recognise the collision object properly, unlike the robe which collides as expected…
Maybe there’s a simpler solution to this problem:shrug:

Atwooki

its pretty hard to answer a question like that without seening the scene… that sould be easy enough…

can you post the scene?
or if you dont want to post publically, send me a pm and I can have a look at it if you like.
.j

I have come across the same type of problem with my project. You probably have already tried my fix, but I found that if I:

1. Delete all the cloth attributes and keep only the polygon shape
  2. Re-create the cloth attributes from the polygon shape
  3. Simulate and spend “forever” monkey-ing with the collision settings

It has worked out well for me so far… For some reason I can spend a long time messing with the collision settings and get nothing but garbage. Even when I know that it should work. Then, upon deleting everything but the cloth polygons, and starting over it seems to always simulate correctly.

can you replicate the problem with a simple scene?

Sorry to say, but I haven’t had that type of problem…

maybe it’s something with your collider attr’s?

or resolution? or some connection order thing…

what does the cloth do when you disable the collider?

john_homer:
Thanks for your useful advise and time, John; all works great now with the added ‘damp’ node as you suggested :slight_smile:

shamonsflame:
Yeah, recreating ‘clean’ cloth attributes (or at least a clean ‘frame-of-mind’!) seems to have helped, also… :wink:

jmartin:
Cheers! it was originally a ‘collider/connection’ thing, but all’s OK now; thanks :wink:

Atwooki

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.