Simple Life: rigging

I looked in to it and looks like that there is small mistake, no worries easy to fix!

Fix: select your GlobalTranslate node and set rotate order to XYZ!

If you browse though attribute editor you will find it!

Hmmm, interesting. I opened the rig up and looked at it, I’m able to rotate him in X,Y and Z without and secondary rotations or mixed rotation values…odd.

I’ll have a look again at the blendshape issues, should be an easy fix.

-s

ok cool… I just wasn`t sure if I should be messing with the rig myself :slight_smile:

Alright, just run this script to fix the blendshapes

global proc sm_fixBlends()
{
select -cl ;
select -r orange_charGeo_Orange ;
reorderDeformers “tweak2” “orange_targetShapes” “orange_charGeo_Orange”;
}

sorry bout that one guys :slight_smile:

-s

just type this into your script editor and run it:

setAttr globalTranslate.rotateOrder 0;

-s

:applause: :applause:

Welcome back, MEL!

Do you want us to run that script and save in our rig files, or should we import the rigs from reference and do it that way to avoid confusion?

–T

Heh…thanks, i feel like I’ve been dead for a few weeks haha.

Best thing is to just run that script in your scenes, because I am sure that most people have alot of scenes they have been working on in my abscence. This way all your animation will remain intact and there won’t be any confusions :slight_smile:

-s

EDIT if you have referenced the rig into your animation scenes then run the scripts in your rig file and save the rig file :slight_smile:

thanks MEL!

The bellow fails to work for me…

setAttr globalTranslate.rotateOrder 0;

It comes back with an error…

// Error: Not enough data was provided. The last 5 items will be skipped. //

So I adjusted the attributes to xyz and its fixed but I lost most of today waiting for a reply so I didint get a chance to get my blocking done liek Id planned so hopefully I`ll get it done tomorrow so I can post it…

With the blendshapes if I try…

global proc sm_fixBlends()
 {
     select -cl  ;
     reorderDeformers "tweak2" "orange_targetShapes" "orange_charGeo_Orange";
 }

that fails to work aswell… oranges geometry still goes back to 0,0,0 and actually I had the same issue with one of my own characters heads but realised with him that it wasnt set to local, looking at the blendshape node on Orange it is already set to local... Ive tried a few things, nothing will get them to stay in the right spot

you are remember to highlight the procedure name “sm_fixBlends” after sourcing the script by highlighting and pressing enter and running it that way right?

select -cl  ;
       reorderDeformers "tweak2" "orange_targetShapes" "orange_charGeo_Orange";

if you just copy and paste that in the script editor and run it…it reorders the deformation order of the mesh to put the blendshapes below the skinCluster, thus allowing the skin to deform the mesh firsthand and then calculate the blendshapes.

With the 1st setAttr script, make sure that you have the control object selected…ran fine for me on my end with both scripts…not sure what you might be doing so post up how you are implementing this stuff :stuck_out_tongue:

-s

Alot of what you just said went straight over my head lol :wink:

But I understood it enough so that it works now, thanks :slight_smile:

I’ve got a little problem i’m sure can be fixed easily. When I load my blocked animation, it doesn’t load orange correctly. When I load the scene I get this error. “Reference File Not Found” and it gives me an option to browse to find the file ‘orange_charGEO.ma’ and I do. And then it gives me "Errors have occured while reading this scene that may result in data loss. Please check the script editor for details. And I don’t understand much in the script editor. All of the greys are there and the Orange is there…just not on the rig. The animation is still working too. Any help would be appreciated. THanks

that doesnt sound good at all. and now I dont have any Idea what it can be… so if you could describe your problems better.

when you say that “just not on the rig” what that means?

and do you remember what you did before it got messed up?

and if you check your scripteditor what does it say! (just copy and paste it here)

the object is there…it’s at 0,0,0 but not attached to the rig…so the animation still works but the actual geometry isn’t on the rig…it just stays at 0,0,0.

here what the SE had to say:

[b]

pv_performAction “D:/CGT_SimpleLife/34-41/Blocking/shot_034_041Blocktest_0006.mb” “Best Guess”;
file -f -options “v=0” -typ “mayaBinary” -o “D:/CGT_SimpleLife/34-41/Blocking/shot_034_041Blocktest_0006.mb”;addRecentFile(“D:/CGT_SimpleLife/34-41/Blocking/shot_034_041Blocktest_0006.mb”, “mayaBinary”);
requires “Mayatomr” "6.1.0.2m - 3.3.1 ";
// Warning: line 1: Could not open file. : C:/3D_Scenes/Maya/A_Simple_Life_Story/geo/orange_charGeo.ma //
// Warning: line 1: A preference for the file reference D:/CGT_SimpleLife/A_Simple_Life_Story/geo/orange_charGeo.ma was not found; using default load behaviour. //
// File read in 0 seconds.
// Error: line 1: Cannot parent “ASLS_Orange_Rig:orange_charGeo_Orange” to child “ASLS_Orange_Rig:orange_charGeo_OrangeShapeDeformed”. //
// Error: line 1: Cannot parent “ASLS_Orange_Rig:orange_charGeo_geometryN_1” to child “ASLS_Orange_Rig:Orange_Stretch”. //
// Error: line 1: Cannot parent “ASLS_Orange_Rig:Orange_Stretch” to child “ASLS_Orange_Rig:Orange_StretchShape1Orig”. //
// Error: line 1: Cannot parent “ASLS_Orange_Rig:orange_charGeo_geometryN_1” to child “ASLS_Orange_Rig:Orange_Squash”. //
// Error: line 1: Cannot parent “ASLS_Orange_Rig:Orange_Squash” to child “ASLS_Orange_Rig:Orange_SquashShape1Orig”. //
// Error: line 1: Cannot parent “ASLS_Orange_Rig:orange_charGeo_geometryN_1” to child “ASLS_Orange_Rig:Orange_DodgeFront”. //
// Error: line 1: Cannot parent “ASLS_Orange_Rig:Orange_DodgeFront” to child “ASLS_Orange_Rig:Orange_DodgeFrontShape1Orig”. //
// Error: line 1: Cannot parent “ASLS_Orange_Rig:orange_charGeo_geometryN_1” to child “ASLS_Orange_Rig:Orange_DodgeBack”. //
// Error: line 1: Cannot parent “ASLS_Orange_Rig:Orange_DodgeBack” to child “ASLS_Orange_Rig:Orange_DodgeBackShape1Orig”. //
// Error: line 1: Cannot parent “ASLS_Orange_Rig:orange_charGeo_geometryN_1” to child “ASLS_Orange_Rig:OrangeDodgeRight”. //
// Error: line 1: Cannot parent “ASLS_Orange_Rig:OrangeDodgeRight” to child “ASLS_Orange_Rig:OrangeDodgeRightShape1Orig”. //
// Error: line 1: Cannot parent “ASLS_Orange_Rig:orange_charGeo_geometryN_1” to child “ASLS_Orange_Rig:OrangeDodgeLeft”. //
// Error: line 1: Cannot parent “ASLS_Orange_Rig:OrangeDodgeLeft” to child “ASLS_Orange_Rig:OrangeDodgeLeftShape1Orig”. //
// Error: line 1: Cannot parent “topNodeN_1” to child “orange_charGeo_topNodeN_1”. //
// Error: line 1: Cannot parent “ASLS_Orange_Rig:topNodeN_1” to child “ASLS_Orange_Rig:orange_charGeo_topNodeN_1”. //
// Error: line 1: Could not make connection; could not find destination plug ‘|topNodeN_1|orange_charGeo_topNodeN_1|orange_charGeo_geometryN_1|orange_charGeo_Orange.do’ //
// Error: line 1: Could not make connection; could not find destination plug ‘|topNodeN_1|orange_charGeo_topNodeN_1|orange_charGeo_geometryN_1|orange_charGeo_Orange|orange_charGeo_OrangeShape.do’ //
// Error: line 1: Could not make connection; could not find destination plug ‘|topNodeN_1|orange_charGeo_topNodeN_1|orange_charGeo_geometryN_1|orange_charGeo_Orange|orange_charGeo_OrangeShape1Orig.do’ //
// Error: line 1: Could not make connection; could not find destination plug ‘ASLS_Orange_Rig:orange_charGeo_Orange.do’ //
// Error: line 1: Could not make connection; could not find destination plug ‘ASLS_Orange_Rig:orange_charGeo_OrangeShape.do’ //
// Error: line 1: Could not make connection; could not find destination plug ‘ASLS_Orange_Rig:orange_charGeo_OrangeShape1Orig.do’ //
// Error: line 1: Could not make connection; could not find destination plug ‘|topNodeN_1|orange_charGeo_topNodeN_1|orange_charGeo_geometryN_1|orange_charGeo_Orange|orange_charGeo_OrangeShapeDeformed.iog.og[0].gid’ //
// Error: line 1: Could not make connection; could not find destination plug ‘|topNodeN_1|orange_charGeo_topNodeN_1|orange_charGeo_geometryN_1|orange_charGeo_Orange|orange_charGeo_OrangeShapeDeformed.iog.og[0].gco’ //
// Error: line 1: Could not make connection; could not find destination plug ‘|topNodeN_1|orange_charGeo_topNodeN_1|orange_charGeo_geometryN_1|orange_charGeo_Orange|orange_charGeo_OrangeShapeDeformed.iog.og[1].gid’ //
// Error: line 1: Could not make connection; could not find destination plug ‘|topNodeN_1|orange_charGeo_topNodeN_1|orange_charGeo_geometryN_1|orange_charGeo_Orange|orange_charGeo_OrangeShapeDeformed.iog.og[1].gco’ //
// Error: line 1: Could not make connection; could not find destination plug ‘|topNodeN_1|orange_charGeo_topNodeN_1|orange_charGeo_geometryN_1|orange_charGeo_Orange|orange_charGeo_OrangeShapeDeformed.iog.og[3].gid’ //
// Error: line 1: Could not make connection; could not find destination plug ‘|topNodeN_1|orange_charGeo_topNodeN_1|orange_charGeo_geometryN_1|orange_charGeo_Orange|orange_charGeo_OrangeShapeDeformed.iog.og[3].gco’ //
// Error: line 1: Could not make connection; could not find destination plug ‘|topNodeN_1|orange_charGeo_topNodeN_1|orange_charGeo_geometryN_1|orange_charGeo_Orange|orange_charGeo_OrangeShapeDeformed.iog.og[4].gid’ //
// Error: line 1: Could not make connection; could not find destination plug ‘|topNodeN_1|orange_charGeo_topNodeN_1|orange_charGeo_geometryN_1|orange_charGeo_Orange|orange_charGeo_OrangeShapeDeformed.iog.og[4].gco’ //
// Error: line 1: Could not make connection; could not find destination plug ‘|topNodeN_1|orange_charGeo_topNodeN_1|orange_charGeo_geometryN_1|orange_charGeo_Orange|orange_charGeo_OrangeShapeDeformed.iog.og[7].gid’ //
// Error: line 1: Could not make connection; could not find destination plug ‘|topNodeN_1|orange_charGeo_topNodeN_1|orange_charGeo_geometryN_1|orange_charGeo_Orange|orange_charGeo_OrangeShapeDeformed.iog.og[7].gco’ //
// Error: line 1: Could not make connection; could not find destination plug ‘|topNodeN_1|orange_charGeo_topNodeN_1|orange_charGeo_geometryN_1|orange_charGeo_Orange|orange_charGeo_OrangeShapeDeformed.iog.og[8].gid’ //
// Error: line 1: Could not make connection; could not find destination plug ‘|topNodeN_1|orange_charGeo_topNodeN_1|orange_charGeo_geometryN_1|orange_charGeo_Orange|orange_charGeo_OrangeShapeDeformed.iog.og[8].gco’ //
// Error: line 1: Could not make connection; could not find destination plug ‘|topNodeN_1|orange_charGeo_topNodeN_1|orange_charGeo_geometryN_1|orange_charGeo_Orange|orange_charGeo_OrangeShapeDeformed.iog.og[9].gid’ //
// Error: line 1: Could not make connection; could not find destination plug ‘|topNodeN_1|orange_charGeo_topNodeN_1|orange_charGeo_geometryN_1|orange_charGeo_Orange|orange_charGeo_OrangeShapeDeformed.iog.og[9].gco’ //
// Error: line 1: Could not make connection; could not find destination plug ‘|topNodeN_1|orange_charGeo_topNodeN_1|orange_charGeo_geometryN_1|orange_charGeo_Orange|orange_charGeo_OrangeShapeDeformed.iog.og[11].gid’ //
// Error: line 1: Could not make connection; could not find destination plug ‘|topNodeN_1|orange_charGeo_topNodeN_1|orange_charGeo_geometryN_1|orange_charGeo_Orange|orange_charGeo_OrangeShapeDeformed.iog.og[11].gco’ //
// Error: line 1: Could not make connection; could not find destination plug ‘|topNodeN_1|orange_charGeo_topNodeN_1|orange_charGeo_geometryN_1|orange_charGeo_Orange|orange_charGeo_OrangeShapeDeformed.iog.og[12].gid’ //
// Error: line 1: Could not make connection; could not find destination plug ‘|topNodeN_1|orange_charGeo_topNodeN_1|orange_charGeo_geometryN_1|orange_charGeo_Orange|orange_charGeo_OrangeShapeDeformed.iog.og[12].gco’ //
// Error: line 1: Could not make connection; could not find destination plug ‘|topNodeN_1|orange_charGeo_topNodeN_1|orange_charGeo_geometryN_1|orange_charGeo_Orange|orange_charGeo_OrangeShapeDeformed.i’ //
// Error: line 1: Could not make connection; could not find destination plug ‘|topNodeN_1|orange_charGeo_topNodeN_1|orange_charGeo_geometryN_1|orange_charGeo_Orange|orange_charGeo_OrangeShapeDeformed.twl’ //
// Error: line 1: Could not make connection; could not find destination plug ‘|topNodeN_1|orange_charGeo_topNodeN_1|orange_charGeo_geometryN_1|orange_charGeo_Orange|orange_charGeo_OrangeShapeDeformed.do’ //
// Error: line 1: Could not make connection; could not find destination plug ‘|topNodeN_1|orange_charGeo_topNodeN_1|orange_charGeo_geometryN_1|Orange_Stretch.do’ //
// Error: line 1: Could not make connection; could not find destination plug ‘|topNodeN_1|orange_charGeo_topNodeN_1|orange_charGeo_geometryN_1|Orange_Stretch|Orange_StretchShape.do’ //
// Error: line 1: Could not make connection; could not find destination plug ‘|topNodeN_1|orange_charGeo_topNodeN_1|orange_charGeo_geometryN_1|Orange_Stretch|Orange_StretchShape1Orig.do’ //
// Error: line 1: Could not make connection; could not find destination plug ‘|topNodeN_1|orange_charGeo_topNodeN_1|orange_charGeo_geometryN_1|Orange_Squash.do’ //
// Error: line 1: Could not make connection; could not find destination plug ‘|topNodeN_1|orange_charGeo_topNodeN_1|orange_charGeo_geometryN_1|Orange_Squash|Orange_SquashShape.do’ //
// Error: line 1: Could not make connection; could not find destination plug ‘|topNodeN_1|orange_charGeo_topNodeN_1|orange_charGeo_geometryN_1|Orange_Squash|Orange_SquashShape1Orig.do’ //
// Error: line 1: Could not make connection; could not find destination plug ‘|topNodeN_1|orange_charGeo_topNodeN_1|orange_charGeo_geometryN_1|Orange_DodgeFront.do’ //
// Error: line 1: Could not make connection; could not find destination plug ‘|topNodeN_1|orange_charGeo_topNodeN_1|orange_charGeo_geometryN_1|Orange_DodgeFront|Orange_DodgeFrontShape.do’ //
// Error: line 1: Could not make connection; could not find destination plug ‘|topNodeN_1|orange_charGeo_topNodeN_1|orange_charGeo_geometryN_1|Orange_DodgeFront|Orange_DodgeFrontShape1Orig.do’ //
// Error: line 1: Could not make connection; could not find destination plug ‘|topNodeN_1|orange_charGeo_topNodeN_1|orange_charGeo_geometryN_1|Orange_DodgeBack.do’ //
// Error: line 1: Could not make connection; could not find destination plug ‘|topNodeN_1|orange_charGeo_topNodeN_1|orange_charGeo_geometryN_1|Orange_DodgeBack|Orange_DodgeBackShape.do’ //
// Error: line 1: Could not make connection; could not find destination plug ‘|topNodeN_1|orange_charGeo_topNodeN_1|orange_charGeo_geometryN_1|Orange_DodgeBack|Orange_DodgeBackShape1Orig.do’ //
// Error: line 1: Could not make connection; could not find destination plug ‘|topNodeN_1|orange_charGeo_topNodeN_1|orange_charGeo_geometryN_1|OrangeDodgeRight.do’ //
// Error: line 1: Could not make connection; could not find destination plug ‘|topNodeN_1|orange_charGeo_topNodeN_1|orange_charGeo_geometryN_1|OrangeDodgeRight|OrangeDodgeRightShape.do’ //
// Error: line 1: Could not make connection; could not find destination plug ‘|topNodeN_1|orange_charGeo_topNodeN_1|orange_charGeo_geometryN_1|OrangeDodgeRight|OrangeDodgeRightShape1Orig.do’ //
// Error: line 1: Could not make connection; could not find destination plug ‘|topNodeN_1|orange_charGeo_topNodeN_1|orange_charGeo_geometryN_1|OrangeDodgeLeft.do’ //
// Error: line 1: Could not make connection; could not find destination plug ‘|topNodeN_1|orange_charGeo_topNodeN_1|orange_charGeo_geometryN_1|OrangeDodgeLeft|OrangeDodgeLeftShape.do’ //
// Error: line 1: Could not make connection; could not find destination plug ‘|topNodeN_1|orange_charGeo_topNodeN_1|orange_charGeo_geometryN_1|OrangeDodgeLeft|OrangeDodgeLeftShape1Orig.do’ //
// Error: line 1: Could not make connection; could not find destination plug ‘ASLS_Orange_Rig:orange_charGeo_OrangeShapeDeformed.iog.og[0].gid’ //
// Error: line 1: Could not make connection; could not find destination plug ‘ASLS_Orange_Rig:orange_charGeo_OrangeShapeDeformed.iog.og[0].gco’ //
// Error: line 1: Could not make connection; could not find destination plug ‘ASLS_Orange_Rig:orange_charGeo_OrangeShapeDeformed.iog.og[1].gid’ //
// Error: line 1: Could not make connection; could not find destination plug ‘ASLS_Orange_Rig:orange_charGeo_OrangeShapeDeformed.iog.og[1].gco’ //
// Error: line 1: Could not make connection; could not find destination plug ‘ASLS_Orange_Rig:orange_charGeo_OrangeShapeDeformed.iog.og[3].gid’ //
// Error: line 1: Could not make connection; could not find destination plug ‘ASLS_Orange_Rig:orange_charGeo_OrangeShapeDeformed.iog.og[3].gco’ //
// Error: line 1: Could not make connection; could not find destination plug ‘ASLS_Orange_Rig:orange_charGeo_OrangeShapeDeformed.iog.og[4].gid’ //
// Error: line 1: Could not make connection; could not find destination plug ‘ASLS_Orange_Rig:orange_charGeo_OrangeShapeDeformed.iog.og[4].gco’ //
// Error: line 1: Could not make connection; could not find destination plug ‘ASLS_Orange_Rig:orange_charGeo_OrangeShapeDeformed.iog.og[7].gid’ //
// Error: line 1: Could not make connection; could not find destination plug ‘ASLS_Orange_Rig:orange_charGeo_OrangeShapeDeformed.iog.og[7].gco’ //
// Error: line 1: Could not make connection; could not find destination plug ‘ASLS_Orange_Rig:orange_charGeo_OrangeShapeDeformed.iog.og[8].gid’ //
// Error: line 1: Could not make connection; could not find destination plug ‘ASLS_Orange_Rig:orange_charGeo_OrangeShapeDeformed.iog.og[8].gco’ //
// Error: line 1: Could not make connection; could not find destination plug ‘ASLS_Orange_Rig:orange_charGeo_OrangeShapeDeformed.iog.og[9].gid’ //
// Error: line 1: Could not make connection; could not find destination plug ‘ASLS_Orange_Rig:orange_charGeo_OrangeShapeDeformed.iog.og[9].gco’ //
// Error: line 1: Could not make connection; could not find destination plug ‘ASLS_Orange_Rig:orange_charGeo_OrangeShapeDeformed.iog.og[11].gid’ //
// Error: line 1: Could not make connection; could not find destination plug ‘ASLS_Orange_Rig:orange_charGeo_OrangeShapeDeformed.iog.og[11].gco’ //
// Error: line 1: Could not make connection; could not find destination plug ‘ASLS_Orange_Rig:orange_charGeo_OrangeShapeDeformed.iog.og[12].gid’ //
// Error: line 1: Could not make connection; could not find destination plug ‘ASLS_Orange_Rig:orange_charGeo_OrangeShapeDeformed.iog.og[12].gco’ //
// Error: line 1: Could not make connection; could not find destination plug ‘ASLS_Orange_Rig:orange_charGeo_OrangeShapeDeformed.i’ //
// Error: line 1: Could not make connection; could not find destination plug ‘ASLS_Orange_Rig:orange_charGeo_OrangeShapeDeformed.twl’ //
// Error: line 1: Could not make connection; could not find destination plug ‘ASLS_Orange_Rig:orange_charGeo_OrangeShapeDeformed.do’ //
// Error: line 1: Could not make connection; could not find destination plug ‘ASLS_Orange_Rig:Orange_Stretch.do’ //
// Error: line 1: Could not make connection; could not find destination plug ‘ASLS_Orange_Rig:Orange_StretchShape1Orig.do’ //
// Error: line 1: Could not make connection; could not find destination plug ‘ASLS_Orange_Rig:Orange_Squash.do’ //
// Error: line 1: Could not make connection; could not find destination plug ‘ASLS_Orange_Rig:Orange_SquashShape1Orig.do’ //
// Error: line 1: Could not make connection; could not find destination plug ‘ASLS_Orange_Rig:Orange_DodgeFront.do’ //
// Error: line 1: Could not make connection; could not find destination plug ‘ASLS_Orange_Rig:Orange_DodgeFrontShape1Orig.do’ //
// Error: line 1: Could not make connection; could not find destination plug ‘ASLS_Orange_Rig:Orange_DodgeBack.do’ //
// Error: line 1: Could not make connection; could not find destination plug ‘ASLS_Orange_Rig:Orange_DodgeBackShape1Orig.do’ //
// Error: line 1: Could not make connection; could not find destination plug ‘ASLS_Orange_Rig:OrangeDodgeRight.do’ //
// Error: line 1: Could not make connection; could not find destination plug ‘ASLS_Orange_Rig:OrangeDodgeRightShape1Orig.do’ //
// Error: line 1: Could not make connection; could not find destination plug ‘ASLS_Orange_Rig:OrangeDodgeLeft.do’ //
// Error: line 1: Could not make connection; could not find destination plug ‘ASLS_Orange_Rig:OrangeDodgeLeftShape1Orig.do’ //
// Error: line 1: Could not make connection; could not find source plug ‘|topNodeN_1|orange_charGeo_topNodeN_1|orange_charGeo_geometryN_1|orange_charGeo_Orange|orange_charGeo_OrangeShapeDeformed.iog.og[0]’ //
// Error: line 1: Could not make connection; could not find source plug ‘|topNodeN_1|orange_charGeo_topNodeN_1|orange_charGeo_geometryN_1|orange_charGeo_Orange|orange_charGeo_OrangeShapeDeformed.iog.og[1]’ //
// Error: line 1: Could not make connection; could not find source plug ‘|topNodeN_1|orange_charGeo_topNodeN_1|orange_charGeo_geometryN_1|orange_charGeo_Orange|orange_charGeo_OrangeShape.w’ //
// Error: line 1: Could not make connection; could not find source plug ‘|topNodeN_1|orange_charGeo_topNodeN_1|orange_charGeo_geometryN_1|orange_charGeo_Orange|orange_charGeo_OrangeShapeDeformed.iog.og[3]’ //
// Error: line 1: Could not make connection; could not find source plug ‘|topNodeN_1|orange_charGeo_topNodeN_1|orange_charGeo_geometryN_1|orange_charGeo_Orange|orange_charGeo_OrangeShapeDeformed.iog.og[4]’ //
// Error: line 1: Could not make connection; could not find source plug ‘|topNodeN_1|orange_charGeo_topNodeN_1|orange_charGeo_geometryN_1|orange_charGeo_Orange|orange_charGeo_OrangeShapeDeformed.iog.og[7]’ //
// Error: line 1: Could not make connection; could not find source plug ‘|topNodeN_1|orange_charGeo_topNodeN_1|orange_charGeo_geometryN_1|orange_charGeo_Orange|orange_charGeo_OrangeShapeDeformed.iog.og[8]’ //
// Error: line 1: Could not make connection; could not find source plug ‘|topNodeN_1|orange_charGeo_topNodeN_1|orange_charGeo_geometryN_1|orange_charGeo_Orange|orange_charGeo_OrangeShapeDeformed.iog.og[9]’ //
// Error: line 1: Could not make connection; could not find source plug ‘|topNodeN_1|orange_charGeo_topNodeN_1|orange_charGeo_geometryN_1|orange_charGeo_Orange|orange_charGeo_OrangeShapeDeformed.iog.og[11]’ //
// Error: line 1: Could not make connection; could not find source plug ‘|topNodeN_1|orange_charGeo_topNodeN_1|orange_charGeo_geometryN_1|OrangeDodgeLeft|OrangeDodgeLeftShape.w’ //
// Error: line 1: Could not make connection; could not find source plug ‘|topNodeN_1|orange_charGeo_topNodeN_1|orange_charGeo_geometryN_1|OrangeDodgeRight|OrangeDodgeRightShape.w’ //
// Error: line 1: Could not make connection; could not find source plug ‘|topNodeN_1|orange_charGeo_topNodeN_1|orange_charGeo_geometryN_1|Orange_DodgeBack|Orange_DodgeBackShape.w’ //
// Error: line 1: Could not make connection; could not find source plug ‘|topNodeN_1|orange_charGeo_topNodeN_1|orange_charGeo_geometryN_1|Orange_DodgeFront|Orange_DodgeFrontShape.w’ //
// Error: line 1: Could not make connection; could not find source plug ‘|topNodeN_1|orange_charGeo_topNodeN_1|orange_charGeo_geometryN_1|Orange_Squash|Orange_SquashShape.w’ //
// Error: line 1: Could not make connection; could not find source plug ‘|topNodeN_1|orange_charGeo_topNodeN_1|orange_charGeo_geometryN_1|Orange_Stretch|Orange_StretchShape.w’ //
// Error: line 1: Could not make connection; could not find source plug ‘|topNodeN_1|orange_charGeo_topNodeN_1|orange_charGeo_geometryN_1|orange_charGeo_Orange|orange_charGeo_OrangeShapeDeformed.iog.og[12]’ //
// Error: line 1: Could not make connection; could not find source plug ‘ASLS_Orange_Rig:orange_charGeo_OrangeShapeDeformed.iog’ //
// Error: line 1: Could not make connection; could not find source plug ‘ASLS_Orange_Rig:orange_charGeo_OrangeShapeDeformed.iog.og[0]’ //
// Error: line 1: Could not make connection; could not find source plug ‘ASLS_Orange_Rig:orange_charGeo_OrangeShapeDeformed.iog.og[1]’ //
// Error: line 1: Could not make connection; could not find source plug ‘ASLS_Orange_Rig:orange_charGeo_OrangeShape.w’ //
// Error: line 1: Could not make connection; could not find source plug ‘ASLS_Orange_Rig:orange_charGeo_OrangeShapeDeformed.iog.og[3]’ //
// Error: line 1: Could not make connection; could not find source plug ‘ASLS_Orange_Rig:orange_charGeo_OrangeShapeDeformed.iog.og[4]’ //
// Error: line 1: Could not make connection; could not find source plug ‘ASLS_Orange_Rig:orange_charGeo_OrangeShapeDeformed.iog.og[7]’ //
// Error: line 1: Could not make connection; could not find source plug ‘ASLS_Orange_Rig:orange_charGeo_OrangeShapeDeformed.iog.og[8]’ //
// Error: line 1: Could not make connection; could not find source plug ‘ASLS_Orange_Rig:orange_charGeo_OrangeShapeDeformed.iog.og[9]’ //
// Error: line 1: Could not make connection; could not find source plug ‘ASLS_Orange_Rig:orange_charGeo_OrangeShapeDeformed.iog.og[11]’ //
// Error: line 1: Could not make connection; could not find source plug ‘ASLS_Orange_Rig:orange_charGeo_OrangeShapeDeformed.iog.og[12]’ //
// Error: line 1: Could not make connection; could not find source plug ‘|topNodeN_1|orange_charGeo_topNodeN_1|orange_charGeo_geometryN_1|Orange_Stretch|Orange_StretchShape.iog’ //
// Error: line 1: Could not make connection; could not find source plug ‘|topNodeN_1|orange_charGeo_topNodeN_1|orange_charGeo_geometryN_1|Orange_Squash|Orange_SquashShape.iog’ //
// Error: line 1: Could not make connection; could not find source plug ‘|topNodeN_1|orange_charGeo_topNodeN_1|orange_charGeo_geometryN_1|Orange_DodgeFront|Orange_DodgeFrontShape.iog’ //
// Error: line 1: Could not make connection; could not find source plug ‘|topNodeN_1|orange_charGeo_topNodeN_1|orange_charGeo_geometryN_1|Orange_DodgeBack|Orange_DodgeBackShape.iog’ //
// Error: line 1: Could not make connection; could not find source plug ‘|topNodeN_1|orange_charGeo_topNodeN_1|orange_charGeo_geometryN_1|OrangeDodgeRight|OrangeDodgeRightShape.iog’ //
// Error: line 1: Could not make connection; could not find source plug ‘|topNodeN_1|orange_charGeo_topNodeN_1|orange_charGeo_geometryN_1|OrangeDodgeLeft|OrangeDodgeLeftShape.iog’ //
// Error: line 1: Could not make connection; could not find source plug ‘|topNodeN_1|orange_charGeo_topNodeN_1|orange_charGeo_geometryN_1|orange_charGeo_Orange|orange_charGeo_OrangeShapeDeformed.iog’ //
// File read in 22 seconds.
// Warning: Errors have occurred while reading this scene that may result in data loss.
Please check the Script Editor for details. //
// Error: Object not found: dynPaintScriptedPanelType //
// Result: 1 //
[/b]

Hope you can help

What version of Maya are you using and has the actual rig group been turned invisible in the layer editor?

check in your Outliner to check and make sure the topNode hierarchy is in there.

-s

Also, when I try and delete the orange little bugger out of the scene it says this. “Cannot delete read-only node.” This happens every time with this little guy when I try and open all of my scenes. Am I loading things or saving things wrong?

Ugh… PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DO NOT SAVE AS BINARY FILES! EVAR!

The problem with binary data is that it is machine code, it can’t actually physically be debugged and more often than not the transition from ASCII to binary becomes garbled to the point where data can and actually is lost.

ALWAYS save in Maya ASCII format to prevent this (it maintains the same data sets and also allows you to look at the file and edit it at a whim if problems occur).

-s

Are you saying i’ll have to redo it? If so, that’s ok…i’ll just work extra hard. I will make sure to save in ASCII. I did think that was what I was doing though. DAMN!!!

EDIT: Happens when I save out to ascii too!!!

Doesn’t have to be redone no.

Again, what version of Maya are you using?

Hoping it’s 6.0.1… anything before 6.0 and we’re gonna have problems because Maya won’t understand alot of the stuff in that scene.

I’m a bit smoked here at work with stuff but if you want, post a sample scene up and I will try to take a look at it tonight.

-s

Sorry M.E.L. didn’t see your question before. But yep it’s 6.0.1.

I'm posting a zip of both the .ma and .mb

www.ryan-hagen.com/CGS/SimpleLife/shot_034_041Blocktest_0006.zip 9.4MB