Simcloth 3 for Max6

Hey guys I spoke with Vlad over at Chaos group and got his permission to share simcloth 3 for Max6. I don’t have any webspace yet so if someone is willing to put it up on their site and post a link here to share with everyone thats interested PM me.

edit

oh and I did test it (the ol cloth falling on ball trick) and it does work just fine.

Hey I can host it can you email it to me. I will then put it up on my web server so the others can get it. My email in case thats what you want to do is deadwards@hotmail.com and if’s over 5mb and I doubt it is let me know I have another email addy that can take up to 100mb email attachments.

Thanks for the info I was looking into that just a few minutes ago.

Great!!! I’ve been waiting for the Max 6 port of SimCloth for ages :applause:

Hope someone puts it up for download soon :slight_smile:

I agree with all of you buddies :beer:

Simcloth…:bowdown:

I find reactor cloth in max6 much bater than simcloth.

DOH! sorry to let you guys down but my hard drive just took a dump (the only one of my machines with simcloth3 for max6)
I emailed vlad and asked again for the plugin, hopefully he will respond soon. Sorry again guys, I know you were really looking forward to it. :cry:

Oooh, SimCloth for MAX6!! That should be really nice!!
Good luck with your machine.

Originally posted by Sir Eel
DOH! sorry to let you guys down but my hard drive just took a dump (the only one of my machines with simcloth3 for max6)
I emailed vlad and asked again for the plugin, hopefully he will respond soon. Sorry again guys, I know you were really looking forward to it. :cry:

Awww man, that sucks :argh:

But we’ve waited months already, so a couple of days/ weeks more shouldn’t be a problem. I appreciate your efforts! :buttrock:

I sooooooooooooo would love to get a copy

S.

Ok everyone looks like I did have a copy of this for MAX6 at least is says it’s for MAX6 and it works so here is a link for everone. Please post some of the cool s**t your doing with it I would love to see.

www.3dccc.com/simclothv6.exe

622K file and I’ll leave the link there for a week or so.

Holy Crap, this is good news. Thanks a bunch DeadWards. :slight_smile:

I’d love to host too, email me if you are interested: mailto:tim.bennett@codeinthewhole.com - in fact, I know a couple of sites that will.

Cheers.

Maybe it’s just me, but DeadWards I think your file is the old Max 5 version of SimCloth. At least the plugin won’t load on my comp running Max 6 SP1 :hmm:

I have MAX6 with SP1 as well and it works fine… it’s is the max5 plug but there is another file you need to manually copy into your plug dir

Ah, I didn’t notice the Max 6 fix folder. It works fine :thumbsup:

The max5simcloth msi is a self-extracting file, and so it’s impossible to install it in Max6 if you already have it installed in Max5 on the same PC, because the Zip thinks it’s already installed and doesn’t give any option to aim it at a different directory.

Man, you saved my nights!!!
I was getting crazy with reactor cloth!!!:applause:

Wow… This plugin is simply amazing.

I must admit I had never used cloth in 3ds max, only the occasional playing around with softbodies in Maya.

Soon I will work my way through reactor, but I find it hard to imagine it could have anything on this plugin when it comes to cloth.

hey guys, I just got the file again from Vlad and emailed it to Deadwards to post up here. Not sure if the one that Dead put up here before is a recompile of the the Max5 version but this one is not a fix for the Max5 v, nor is it a recompile, from what Vlad told me the code is quite different. Also he warned me: " Be careful though, I was told there may be a few problems with it (sometimes the simulation parameters seem to mess up and it refuses to run correctly, I need to look into this)." So there might be a newer version of this coming out in the future.

Great news i can host it if you want…
Im using it now, and have a problem, i can’t see my dress, i can see the simulation in my viewport but when i render there is no change it look as if the simulation never too place:surprised

Buzzlightyr@motionpalette.com for the hosting