Silo not exporting STL files

Hello,
I have been working with silo for quite a while, my work involves exporting a lot of stl files, i work with jewelry. I seem unable to do so after upgrading to the new version

Why this happens?
Any ideas? anyone experiencing the same?

I am 3d printing, any other format that could be useful?
obj doesnt keep the smoothess and dxf files seem to be broken also.

PlEASE HELP

I have been trying to export objects in stl with no success. Anyone experiencing a similar issue? Please help

Hello,
I have been working with silo for quite a while, my work involves exporting a lot of stl files, i work with jewelry. I seem unable to do so after upgrading to the new version

Why this happens?
Any ideas? anyone experiencing the same?

I am 3d printing, any other format that could be useful?
obj doesnt keep the smoothess and dxf files seem to be broken also.

PlEASE HELP

Something strange going on.

When I save an stl from Silo and load it back in I get “unexpected end of file”

File appears to load into blender just fine, but Flash Print which I use with my 3D printer throws up an error, unable to import the file.

I compared Silo ascii stl output to blender and all that I could see different without delving in to much was that Silo’s stl data was indented and blender’s was not.

I removed the indents and the file now loads into Flashprint just fine… But it won’t load back into Silo! :] Hopefully it will be fixed in the next update.

To keep obj smooth you need to enable ‘export subdiv mesh’ in save options.

Hello and thank you for replying. How do i remove the indents. I figured out the obj exporting setting

I opened the stl in a text editor (notepad++) to remove the indents

I am having a similar issue. I have a forum thread describing a similar issue
Anyways, here is how my issue is related.

I am having trouble exporting my .sib file to .stl. I have tried the following without any
success:

• Export Scene (.stl)
  • Save selected objects (.stl)
  • Create new Scene -> load into scene (existing .sib file) -> Export (.stl)
  • Save as .stl

The following is working thought

• Create a new scene -> create cube -> export scene (.stl)

It seems that my old(er) files are not being exported, but new files are exportable. I am able to export to .obj, but I need it in .stl in order
for my 3D-printer to work.

I am running MacOS High Sierra version 10.13.3, and I am running Silo3D version: 2.5.4 Professional through Steam.

I sent this message to Silo3D Nervecenter directly, and I got a reply saying that they would look into the issue, requesting my .sib-file. I never got a reply after sending them my .sib-file. Maybe they are working on a fix to solve the problem.

I opened the stl in a text editor (notepad++) to remove the indents

hello, it doesnt seem to work i am unable to do that. We are a company updated our silo to the newest version , we habe 3 silos running and unable to save in stl. The files exporting in stl are less than 1mb i think there is no 3d data there in the form of stl even if i figured out how to remove the indents which i find impossible, i am pretty sure is not that. Maybe anything else in the exporting stl options? I think is just Silo is not exporting in stl there is a sort of issue, i get almost empty files by exporting…Any other alternative in exporting for printing? Objs work but are not good for 3d printing its very easy to get errors. I am sure many people experience the same issue.

Until it’s fixed I would suggest installing an older version that exports working stl files.

You can download every release going back to 2.3 on the Silo downloads page.

Just wanted to check since I saw the last post for this thread was 4 weeks ago, there is no fix for STL exporting in Silo 2 or newer versions? The only fix is to use an older version? Just wanted to make sure I understood thats what was going on. I can’t export STL either, it just shows a blank file or crashes whatever printer I try to load it into.

I did some experiments in order to figure out why I was not able to export to .stl. I had one object in my scene, which was imported as an object/stl from another software, and that object was the reason I was not able to export to .stl. After deleting the foreign object, I was able to export to .stl again.

I was able to fix it! Well, sort of. So in Silo 2.0 I turned off the binary export portion and left only the mesh on under STL export options. It exported just fine! I printed out my model with no issues as well, maybe a few other people could try it to see if it can help out.