Silo basic question

I’m new to Silo I’ve been using Maya so I’m used to it just trying to learn the ins and outs of Silo 3D. How do I change the grid options from m to in or ft?

In the Editors/Options menu you will find General Settings. You can change your units to English in the dialog box that comes up.

Hiya!

Yes, as makeit3D said. I’d also add that I found one thing “odd” about it’s scale. If you choose Metric as a unit, under General Settings, you should set “Unit Scale” to 100…Silo uses centimeters for this…but when you create items (like a Cube), it defaults to Meters. In other words, if you use a Unit Scale of 1 and create a 1m x 1m x 1m cube, then import that into a game engine like Unreal Engine 4, you will end up with a 1cm x 1cm x 1cm cube.

By setting your “unit scale” to 100, when you create a 1m cube, it is ‘actually’ 1m cube when exporting (at least as .obj).

Anyway…little “pro-newbie” tip there (I’ve only been using Silo for a month or two…off and on).

I HIGHLY recommend doing the Minotaur tutorial found on the main Silo site ( http://nevercenter.com/silo/tutorials/glen_minotaur/ ). Out of all the Silo tutorials I’ve done, this one has covered to tools I use most from other packages (or equivalent).

:slight_smile:

Paul L. Ming