Silly question, but pls help!

Maybe this is a stupid question, but I just can’t get though it.
I’m a maya user, how cud i know the mass unit of my scene file? gram of pound? where cud I check it out?

Because in the syflex Appendix, there is a table which cud auto-compute the values of syflex. I cud fill in the L & T, however, I don’t know what to fill in the M.

thanks a lot!

I think you can put whatever you want. Ex: 1 for grams or 453 for pounds (1 pound = 453 grams). Depending on this, the table in the appendix of the doc computes different values for gravity, mass density, etc. Try these values in your sim: the animation of the cloth is exactly the same, doesn’t depend on pounds or grams.

oh, thanks!

so would the values of 453g=1lb change if you were working on a different scale of say… a fifth of a unit grid instead of a whole unit?

Now I reallized that I should not lie on the appendix table. According to the values generated from the java table, you were always confused by some of them. Till I find the preset values in the syflex3.0, I suddenly understood what syflex trying to tell users about the a standard sim values. The preset values told you the relationship between different maya unit and different scene scale you are using.

I think the preset values cud tell you more clearly about how to set your syCloth values.

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.