i think overall you have the bases for something good, but at the moment it feels disjointed.
As it’s a demo reel to advertise your commpany, my suggestion would be keep your company logo in one of the corners of the screen, so your allways advertising yourself.
State what it is that your offering, e.g. the 3d architectural renderings, state this as the images appear. People do need to be told exactly what your company can provide, all the skills that it can provide.
In terms of your demo reel, the intro is fine to me, the charcter with neon lights is cool, i like it, but don’t know what it’s for, is this your companies mascot or do you offer chracter design, modelling, rigging?
The 3d landsape is nice, only thing for me is there’s no focal point, you just flyby with no real points of interest in the landscape, e.g. when you pan along the mountin tops at the end you pass a lake, if something interesting was there you could fly into that area and it gives and ending to the journey.
As for the vent lit character the walk is a bit weak, really it lets your demo reel down there.
The house looks good, not 100% matching the environment in look, but it’s good, but it’s very short/quick you don’t give the viewer enough time to register it.
The contstruction clip, were there building a rig or something, not good, it cuts quick, things appear then disapear really quickly, then something flashes up at the end and i don’t know what it’s supposed to be. all very fast and confusing really.
The grey rendered building, is nice but again you just fly around it with no point to it, you should highlight a part of the building, the door details, something, otherwise it just swingng back and forth.
I like the robotic millipied creature thing looks good, but again just to fast not enough time to understnd what it is etc…
sorry to ramble just trying to be honest, my main things:
- shots to quick, don’t give enough time for viewer to register them.
- unclear what your company is offering, e.g your skills, like modeling, compositing etc…
- no clear focal point in your flyby clips, show of the details
- cut your reel so all items are together, e.g all buildings clips together, characters clips together, don’t chop and change so much.
- really like your first character and you get me hooked, tell me what you do at that point, otherwise as a potential client, i lose interest as don’t know what your company is selling.
Hope it helps, if not you only wasted a minute of your life reading this.