Short Film: Final Outpost

I’m interested in this project because it looks like it’s going somewhere. I wouldn’t be able to lend a hand until near the end of April because I am working on a short animation for myself at the moment. I use Maya 6 and can model, texture, rig and animate if you need anything done for the project.

Hey Kevin, that sounds just like what we need and we have no problem waiting until April for your assistance. We’ll really be in need of a texturer and rigger around that time and look forward to having your help.
Why don’t you j ump over to the forum webpage and sign up so you can get to know the other players on the team and get a little more background information into the project.
Thanks for the response and this project is definitely going to go somewhere :slight_smile:

KCDragon

Hey all, it’s been a little while since the last update, but that doesn’t mean things have stopped on the project. Our modelers are still busy finishing up the models and our musician is working on a soundtrack. Our artist is working on the storyboards and things progress, though slowly. If anyone is interested, there’re still a few positions left - mainly with texturing and finalization.
Thanks to all the team members up to this point and thanks for all the feedback up to this point,

KCDragon

nice work so far… i´am looking for a new update of your project :-).

LOL - Me too! Actually, our modelers are still progressing and we’re about out of models to model. The next big hurdle will be to texturize and place the models in the environment. Real life has interfered with the progress, but definitely not stopped it!

Thanks for keeping up with the project Art1977 and when I get some textured models (or a texture artist to do it LOL) I’ll be posting them on here as well as on the forum site.

Thanks,
KCDragon

Are you guys still using the same forum, or just not using a forum? Because the last updates are from months back…Just checking. :wink:

To be honest, people aren’t updating on the forum site as often as they are via e-mail. I’m getting WIP’s for approval via e-mail and responding that way and I just haven’t gotten back to update the forum. I know, I know, bad recruiting, but time is a factor these days and I’m guilty of cheaping it :wink:
Thanks for checking out the site though, at least I know there’s still some traffic cruising over there!
I’m going to take these messages as a cue to get my ass back in gear!
Thanks guys,
KCDragon

i’m a character modeler using 3d max, i would love to help with your project, is it ok if you export my max made models to maya, i have maya but i never really use it. let me know what you think

If you have Maya, we’ll probably have you export it to Maya on your system and them send us the Maya file just to make sure there was no flipping happening, but sure, we’d be glad to have you help us get some of these characters modeled.
If you’ve checked out the forum site you’ll see we have the basic shapes of the characters, but we need to have the others completed. If you want to use the concept art as a template and generate a soldier then please, go ahead.
Join up over at the forum site and I’ll enable you.

Thanks for the interest,
KCDragon

sounds great, i’ll shot over to the website now, thank you for letting me join your team, i’ll use your concept art and start a soilder, i’ll look over the website for more details. again thank you

fabionguzman - welcome to the team. Can’t wait to see what you come up with.

KCDragon - Any updates on the launcher?

-cheers,

Tom

this is looking good. if you’re having trouble filling those spots still and know what style you like have you tried going to the 3d WIP and finished Still forums and trying to recruit members whose work you like?

good luck with the project

tdaniels, no, but I’m glad you brought that up. I need to get an update on the launcher and see exactly where we sit again. As you know, my time has been kind of scattered and I dropped the ball a few times, but I’ll have a little more time to check up on things in this upcoming week.

malcolmvexxed - that’s a good idea, thanks for the info. Since my time has been scarce I didn’t think it was fair to ask others to join until I could devote more to it. I’ll have to head over there soon though and get some texture guys to work with us or we’re dead :wink: Thanks for keeping up on the project and thanks for the good luck - we’re going to need it! lol

Hi, just a quick note

There is another CG film named “The Last Outpost”. I was released about 2 years ago, and I understand that the author has some comercial plans for it, a DVD release or something like that.

You might want to check the copyright/legal issues involved.

The film was entirely done with Blender and last about 40 minutes… that may help you to google it.

Hey KC Dragon,

I’m intrigued to know what you scripts about after having seen some of the conceptual art work produced.

And, what openings do you still have going for work within your team?

Regards

Apollox, I did a little research and the two are nothing alike. However, it may help spread the word about my project with the success of the other one. Mine will be nowhere near 45 minutes either, but that’s okay as well. Luckily, copyrights and such don’t affect titles so there’s no worry there. I don’t, however, want to be mistaken for someone trying to rip off anybody else’s ideas. Thanks for the heads up.

darkknight, the script is a sci-fi script about a battle on the last planet in the known universe (i.e. the final outpost :wink: ) and revolves around a new recruit’s experiences. Mainly, how he construes the vision of the war and what the end result is all about. There’s conflict, plot, and resolution. If you want to read it, head over to the forum page and I’ll let you in so you can read it. As far as openings go, we’ll take about any position someone wants to fill. We have several modelers, animators, and such, but if you can bring something to the table then you’re welcome to jump on in.

Thanks to you both,
KCDragon

Hey KC Dragon,

Thanks for getting back to me, I wonder if I can read the script? I not sure I not to sure how to get to your private forum? If you point me in the right direction, that would be most appreciated!

Regards,

Hey Apollux, you must be reading my mind; I was about to say the samething. Maybe there’s a longer version of the film, but I have it on my harddrive and just watched it. My version is around 25 minutes long. I’m wounder if there’s a different version out there. Both films are similar in there about war and the meaning of it, etc, etc. Final Outpost’s story is about one man and how he handles being along on a ship after war has destroyed the planet. There is a constaint stream of dialog on how war is bad and all that stuff. It’s a pretty good film considering the stuff they had to work with. It may confuse some poeple when they hear of your film though; a lot of poeple may ignore it just because they’ll think that they’ve already seen it.

darkknight, no problem, just go here and sign up: http://s91405944.onlinehome.us/index.php . There’s a section for the script and all the artwork there for your perusing.

imanobody, valid points, but I’m hoping to get enough people to recognize mine is different to feed off the word-of-mouth advertising. I’m not looking to make money on this thing, just get a story told to as many people as possible. If this thread is any sign, I’ve already got a good start on an audience :wink:

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.