Serebryakov: hi, thanks for your reply, and sorry for not answering sooner. I was a little busy.
About the wip. The tools I used to create the growth effect were pritty basic, but I'll try to explain some of the progress. Althogh the software I worked on was Softimage XSI, I think this effect is easily achieveble in any todays popular software.
When I started to create model I alerady had an outline or 2D version of the ornament. It was devided in to 6 symetrical parts which were seperated in 3 mirrored pairs. So basicaly my work was almost 6 times shorter when it was suposed to be, if I to make the whole ornament from scrach.
I took the 2D version and started to draw curves along side its main body. Then I created a worm like object with sharpened ends. After that I 'Deform by curve' constrained it to the curve, streched, scaled and moved it in to the final position I needed.
Then I started to creat leafs and rings of the flower. But I created them straight only withside bends. After that I constrained it to the straight curve with several points. Then That curve was (with already constrained leaf) constrained to main body curve of the plant. Now, in sub_object mode, I could deform the curve the way I wanted, at the same time changing scale and position of the leaf so it would fit the requiered profile. The rest of the models all were done the same way. (the only constrain I used here was Deform by curve)
When I had a complete section, I started to animate it in reverse succession. Using animatible parameters Deform by curve constrain I scaled all the objects to 0 along all the axises and moved them back a little, so it would look like the leafs are growing from one point.. The animation was done to all the objects at the same time, then spread out along the timeline to create the feel of succession while the plant was groing. The waving was done, by adding a lattice box around the main curve, and deforming it. Then final version of first section was dublicated, mirrored and places in positions 6 times. The animation was offseted to add more variation to growth of the plant.
The rest was a play with sss parameters, scene lighting, optimisation, camera animation and rendering.
Hope it helped to anderstand at least a little bit about how I’ve created the plant.
Here are some screenshots of the plant:
1-2. Curves and model of first sections withought subdivisions.
3. A small sequince of how the plant grows
4. Complete wireframe look of the scene.
P.s. If anyone has a faster solution for this kind of plant growth, please let me know… I would like to here other opinions, on how I did this or that, and what I could’ve done better/faster.
Fanks to all…
P.p.s. Sorry for bad poor english