Shift viewing frame of video without changing perspective

I have a template where everything is centered, so important stuff happens in the middle, and window dressing all around. Various render settings create from that various landscape, portrait, and square videos for the different social media specs where the action is always in the center.

Tik tok is a 9x16 vertical video for which I have a render setting, but the problem is that they do so much overlay that I would need to put the main action more lke 2/3 of the way up the screen. Of course, I could just shift the camera, but this would alter the perspective.

What I want is the equivalent of leaving everything exactly where it is, but moving the viewing frame down relative to both the camera and the action such that no perspective shift happens, but we now see less above the action, and more below.

Hope that makes sense.

Is there a way to do this?

“Film offset Y” in the camera settings.

Ah… thx.

Not sure why I assumed it would be a render setting vs camera.

Out of curiosity: Is there a better way to manage outputting the different landscape / portrait versions? Different render presets was just the first thing that popped into my head, though it requires me to reset and re-render for each.

What I’d really like is to hit render once, go do something else, and come back to each of the preset aspects separately rendered.

I’d set up multiple render presets and then you could set up takes - each take using a different render preset. Then ‘render marked takes to picture viewer’ and you should be done :slight_smile:

Hmm… ok. I’ll have to look up “takes.”

It’s going to be rendered out again and again with pieces swapped out, so definitely need to make sure I only need to swap images and text once per new round of outputs, but if that’s doable, it should work.