Share your 3dsmax Secrets

Wow. Still amazes me to be surprised by max after 7 years…This one sounds really neat, I just can´t quite see how you´d do that…do you record different track separately? or just X/Y simultanously? Can you also record rotation?
I´m just gonna give it a try next time I have some space, but I´d still be interested in your workflow for that

Hey guys, tell me a secret how do you do a modelling in 3ds max from zero? I need it to speed up my modeling which is required for my current company. (You can tell.me an advice or workflow)

Any answers would be appreciated,
Thank you

Not sure if this has been mentioned (I would scan all 50 pages if I had time!): Periodically apply a quick turbosmooth modifier to your mesh to show up any bad welds. I haven’t modeled in tri’s for years so can’t vouch for its effectiveness when using them, but when modeling in quads -any bad welds can be easily spotted by the turbosmooth artifacts they create:

Also: Once you have a program (Max/Photoshop etc) customized/configured just the way you like it, create a ‘blank document’ save on your desktop and use that to start each project.