Setting world scale???

Excuse me if this is an incredibly stupid question, I just can’t seem to find the answer.

My client provided me with a car model he’d like me to use. The model is nice, but the scale is way off. The car is about 800 feet long!

I brought each part of the car into Modeler and scaled everything down to the correct size. Everything looks good in Modeler.

When I bring the model into Layout, the camera and default light look HUGE. They dwarf the model (which I scaled down to 12 feet long).

Is there some kind of ‘world scale’ that I should be setting when I’m resizing the model in Modeler?

Thanks

Mark

In Layout the Camera/Lights icons change depending on your grid size. Hit , or . to shrink and enlarge the grid. The grid and camera/light representations will not have any effect on the camera or strengths of the light in the render.

You’ll find it’s actually the [ and ] keys that scale the grid. The , and . zoom the viewports. That stuff is in the LW manuals though!

Cheers!

Thanks everyone! Much appreciated.

Mark

Doh, my mistake. Thanks for catching that.

Originally posted by CAClark
[B]You’ll find it’s actually the [ and ] keys that scale the grid. The , and . zoom the viewports. That stuff is in the LW manuals though!

Cheers! [/B]

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.