Sentinel - Bald Eagle , Bob Nolin (2D)

Title: Sentinel - Bald Eagle
Name: Bob Nolin
Software: Photoshop

Bald Eagle portrait, painted with Photoshop CS5 and Intuos 4 tablet.

I’ve seen your new work before it was accepted into this showcase gallery. Superb details… I like it :slight_smile:

Thanks for that, Tony! I appreciate it. I am definitely a details kind of guy! :cool:

Oh, I like this. Stunning detail work and great use of color and techinque. The beak is the most impressive. A little hard on some of the feathers on his throat (very bright white), but the feathers for the most part are really well done and you can almost make out each individual one. The body could’ve used a little more feather details, the top portion is starting to blend too much, but it makes sense closer to the edge of the painting. I appreciate the lid around teh eagle’s eye and the hair-like feathers between the eye and the beak. Was this a photo reference of yours or a photo that you found? And there seems to be a grey smudge on the left the eagle on it’s black background. Overall, this is a very impressive piece that should be a proud member of your portfolio. Keep it up, and great job.

Thanks for such an in-depth critique - I appreciate it! I’m glad you liked it, and I agree with you on the front feathers being a bit too “hot”. I was working from a stock photo. My goal was to be realistic and detailed but not photographic.

Thanks for taking the time to comment!

No problem. It’s usually a good sign when I talk more, since it means there’s more to talk about with your work. Well done.

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.