SEGA's VIKING - Hel, Michael Kutsche (2D)

Title: SEGA’s VIKING - Hel
Name: Michael Kutsche
Software: Painter, Photoshop, XSI

Hel, Skarin’s evil opponent from the recently released Sega/The Creative Assembly title Viking: Battle for Asgard.
The task was to achieve a rather realistic and more detailed feel of the in-game character. Since it was used for life-size standee prints, the artwork has an extremely high resolution, it was a challenge to bring in all the details while preventing from a too stiff and unnatural look with that huge size. 95 percent done in Painter X and Photoshop CS3, only the chain whip is 3d.

I could have sworn the shadows and reflections came from 3d too.

Wow, well done!
Very nice work:thumbsup:

omg!! Your painting skills are insane!! congrats

fantasmic!! :eek: :applause: so delicious! :smiley:
5 stars!

Love everything about it, but mostly the heels! Your painting is phenomenal, every one of you pieces is absolutely top tier. I just joined but I’ve been lurking a while and admiring your work since I first found the site.

Can’t wait for the next one!

Ian

ufff great art!

kutsche, you’ve given the figure in your piece perfect weight, balance and stance.
Great job!

wow, extremely realistic! Great lighting and that character has an amazing texture over her skin and outfit. Just stunning.

Fantastic rendering. I really like the way you handled the light hitting the whip. The body is great also. Solid

hey thanks a lot for the nice words, mates!

Master piece, dude!! I love it!! :applause: 5 stars!!

nice design of tail. pose is very nice I like it:buttrock:

awesome,man ur 2d rendition looks almost 3d,im speechless:thumbsup:

wow, very very strong!
thanks for sharing!!

Incredible rendering like in 3d. Coooolllll :slight_smile:

Insane painting skills. The skin looks so real, 5 stars!

Wow, I love everything about her design. She looks attractive yet scary at the same time. Great work, and very well rendered. 4*s :beer:

G-flux

Wow.
This would be 5* work even in 3D.
The fact that it’s a painting is amazing.

It must’ve taken awhile.
Which begs the question:
Why did you choose to do it in 2D instead of 3D?

Hey Michael,

I’ve always been a huge fan of your paintings (I did that animation a while back of the helicopters along the huge wall)…and this one is no exception! Great character…love the whip! :smiley:

Superb work mate!!!