Sampling Info node question

I came from softimage background. THeir incidence node is so powerful which I wish maya has it. Most people suggest the sampling info node but it doesn’t do exactly what I am looking for.

The incidence node in softimage can scan across 360 degree but sampling info can’t. For example. If I put it in surface to camera mode. It will react like what sampling info facing angle attribute. But when I offset its vertex to face not 90 degree towards the camera. it will still fall off to the back of the object.

For sampler info I tried using normal camera output and port it to a vector product to offset it. the fall off stops at 180 degree instead of 360 degree. Is there a way to come by this

Sorry misinterpret your question, let me try again.

Would a remap color produce what you’re looking for?

There is an incidence shader available here.

http://www.pixero.com/downloads_mr.html

Thank you guys. Yap the remap colour works. However instead of putting right after the sampler info I put it after vector product because I m using negative value in the vector product. If I put before it. remapcolour will force positive value which limits it. And I got it to work now. So happy. Thanks both of you.