Sad Elephant, Thomas Haas-Christensen (3D)

Title: Sad Elephant
Name: Thomas Haas-Christensen
Software: Digital Fusion, Maya, mental ray, Photoshop

An elephant trapped in a dusty circus. His life is misserable, and he is very sad. His bigest dream is to see the wild jungles of India and feel the fresh wind in his ears.

3D done in maya. Rendered in Mental Ray. Colorcorrected and composited in Fusion, and post-processed in Photoshop for small paintovers of glitches.

Heres a HD version

And the WIP thread

I made a small gif with the progress too:

Fantastic work! Great lighting and overall atmosphere, I like the character’s emotion and expression! *****

Very nice feel picture.:applause:

Sea Creature

Outch!! exellent job man !!

You know I love it! :slight_smile:

Poor fellow :frowning: A really good one (full of emotions) ;)!

Great work.

lol, i like it a lot, the elephant has a lot of character coming through, nice working mixing up the proportions.

Really good work, Fantastic mood and face in your character.
I saw your work with fx, rig, ncloth, hair/fur with maya on your website, everything top quality.
If you want we could be in touch :wink: Don’t hesitate to mail Thomas!

it really renders the sadness of a poor creature
very touching

I am stunned. I haven’t seen an elephant with this much emotion before! The way you use light and color to set an overall feeling is excellent, and I think the choice to make the head bigger than the rest of the body really supports the emotional part. Great image!

PS. A little more about the choice of color: what I find interesting is the warm colors related to the circus setting, which is contrasted by the very sad look on the elephant. I find this a more engaging solution, than if you had made everything in cool blue or gray colors. Again: way to go!

Fantastic work, my friend :slight_smile: That elephant is really sad :sad:

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.