Rocket Jazz Company - A Proof-of-Concept

Watch Here

Hi everyone, I’m happy to present to you my company’s recent original proof-of-concept, titled Rocket Jazz Company. We created this to seek funding and investment for the full project. I wrote and directed this POC, as well as the larger story.

This 1 min animation was rendered completely with Redshift using 6 workstations, all with gtx 1070s, except one machine with a gtx 1080. Our DCC was Maya 2017, so we did the hair using XGen. Here’s a synopsis of the project:

“Rocket Jazz Company is our proof-of-concept for a large and curious world, filled with blistering action, silly comedy and spitfire music. And at the heart of this whirlwind of drama lies a family of misfits just trying to get by.

Rocket Jazz Company follows the exploits of mercenary buddies Ray and Bons in a space-faring time, when humans sit at the bottom of the food-chain and problems are solved in giant combat mechs.

When Ray and Bons cross paths with a human slave girl, they are thrown unexpectedly onto a journey of great conflict and personal redemption, as they confront discrimination, a fight for their family, and what it means to transcend human limits.”

I hope you enjoy what we have created!

For more info on my studio:
Voyageur Studios