Rizom-Lab Launches Unfold3D V10 in Two Editions[/b]
Superfast UV Mapper Adds New AutoSeam, Constraints, and Live Cutting Tools; Over 100 New Features
MARSEILLE, France November 7, 2017 Today, Rizom-Lab releases Unfold3D V10 in two new editions: Unfold3D VS and Unfold3D RS. The popular UV unwrapping software,known for its speed, as been rebooted to focus on different markets, with VS (or Virtual Spaces) catering to games, VFX and VR; and RS (or Real Space) targeting product design and laser texturing.
Speed and ease of use have always been an important part of our UV mapping philosophy; by creating two versions, we can now cater to most pipelines, said Rémi Arquier of Rizom-Lab. Whether youre a SubD, 2.5D, or CAD-user, Unfold3D makes simple models and complex scenes easier to unwrap with tools specifically designed to foster a fast, painless process, regardless of your geometry.
Composed of one of the fastest, distortion-less unwrapping algorithms around, Unfold3D has made its name at companies like Electronic Arts, Ubisoft, Animal Logic, and The Mill. With V10, Unfold3Ds core technology has been enhanced and expanded, opening up new options for users working on real-world design projects. The functionality itself remains the same in both applications, ensuring consistency amongst products.
New Features Include:
· Autoseams Automatic seams designed for characters, manufactured objects, trees and large terrains. Smart segmentation divides models in one mouse click.
· Pack New, fast packaging feature can be applied to a single 0, 1 tile, or fully configurable UDIM layout. Pack finds the best place, orientation and scale for all user islands, testing millions of combinations so space is never wasted.
· Extensive Pipeline Support API support allows the Unfold3D C++Library to be adapted to most professional pipelines and software (available separately).
· Full Multiple UV Channel Management and FBX Support Greatly simplifies workflow and data exchange when working with prominent apps like 3ds Max, Maya, Cinema 4D, Modo, Mari, ZBrush and Substance Painter.
· Live Cutting Unfold3D will now update the unwrapping interactively during cut and weld operations, making each edition more efficient and fun to use.
· Island Aware Welding Welding can now be completed by selecting islands and clicking a button. No more edge selection.
Pricing and Availability
Unfold3D V10 is available now for Windows and Mac OS users. Unfold3D VS and RS can be purchased as perpetual licenses or on a monthly, rent-to-own basis. To see all pricing options, including pro and indie licenses, please visit here for Unfold3D VS and here for Unfold3D RS.
Rizom-Lab was founded in 2016 as a new parent company for the Unfold3D UV mapping software. Created in 2003 by developer Rémi Arquier, Unfold3D is one of the most popular UV unmapping tools for 3D artists working in games and VFX. Today, Rizom-Lab is heavily invested in R&D, producing products that answer the unique UV needs of artists and designers working in CGI and CAD-related industries. Unfold3D users include: The Mill, Animal Logic, Ubisoft and Electronic Arts.
For more information, press only:
Unfold3D Creator & Developer | Rizom-Lab
+33 6 60 86 77 49