Rig Setup help

Hi guys, i seen this type of rig setup in many rigging reels. I do no wat’s it nd how they doing it. I like to do this kind of setup in my characters.

Rig Setup Reff Image
Click Here

So i need help frm u guys. I’ using maya 2012 x64, win 7.

Looks like a space switch setup with a custom hotbox.

http://www.cgarena.com/freestuff/tutorials/maya/markingmenu/

I used this tutorial and made a working marking menu based space switching setup.

Personally, I I don’t really like working with them. I’d rather have access to the options on the control itself rather than pressing a hot key and right mousing, but to each their own.

wow, tim that’s some impressive stuff. I’m still trying to work out how to go about automating parts of my rigging process. I haven’t really found a good simple resource for it. I really liked the terminator mechnaics, was that mainly done with aim constraints?

Thanks for the link. I’m going try it out nd i post afterwards how it is working.

I sent you a pm.

Automated rigging is as simple as learning mel. Do it more than once, and I’ll script it.

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.