RayBan glasses, Cédric Steiger (3D)

Title: RayBan glasses
Name: Cédric Steiger
Software: CINEMA 4D

Rendering for a study project. Modelled in Solidworks, final reder in cinema 4d

bravo! that’s a really nice render. However, have you tried a more dramatic light setup eg bumping the intensity of the lights for a brighter specular?

great product shot…love the blues

Thank you for your kind replies!
I’ll try to improve the light setup…

WOW - NICE
I’m wondering what renderrer you used, and how did you make that material (for the half-transparent plastic)???

PS.
Is it Polygon Modeling (point by point), Cube Modeling (starting with a cube, using HyperNURBS) or something else?

I used cinema 4D’s AR3 without GI. For the plastic material I just used reflections and transparency in combination with a highlight. There was no SSS, only blurryness in the transparency canal.
It is CAD data - not modeled in Cinema.

So, please, from my experience, and now yours - specify the exact information so you won’t be asked like now, 'cause I was crazy about this model… (and render, which now seems to be average)
Have a nice week!

Here are the settings for the material. As I said, the scene is very simple. No GI, added some white planes for the reflections.
Cédric

And specular:

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.