R9 here we n-go ;-)

1. No there isn’t, Pauls Visual Selector is still filling this niche
  2. They are created by choosing “Add to HUD” from the context menu of one or several selected properties. Via Righ Click and Ctrl+Click they can then be moved/adjusted to your needs.
    Cheers
    Srek

Several Tutorials are beeing worked on, they will be available when R9 ships. The demo will come with only a few (but nice) exampels.
Cheers
Srek

Many controls from the AM can be shown as a HUD control, they are added via the items popup (right-clicking on the controls label in the AM). Custom controls are not available for the HUD, but the usual controls (sliders, edits, checkboxes) are.

Thank u guys

Not much for me to add to such a lengthy thread…but all hail the Maxon gods :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: It is great when a company actually listens to their customers and implements their greatest wishes! Unlike a few other recent releases cough, Maya, cough Max…where users are not exactly impressed with token added features. Maxon really has their ear to the ground. Everything I wanted and more is in there…ok so the timeline is not collapsable yet…nothing is ever perfect!

The thing that really impresses me is how Maxon adopt open standards into their apps. the interoperability with PS,AE, Final Cut etc is staggering…and now even fbx motions can be mixed within Mocca…cool! This update really does blow the “big boys” out of the water and other app users are gonna be mighty jealous :twisted:

thank you maxon, preview looks great. i will buy it definitely :-)))

the has to be the fastest moving thread ever.:slight_smile:

been talking to rafi about an upgrade to studio recently. i thinks its time to make that move.

I believe it was Plane light or something, a light that simulates it’s coming from a squar object instead of a point. I could be wrong but that’s what I believe I remember…

You can also bake your shadows this time, this way the shadowmaps don’t have to be recalculated every new frame :).

AFAIK there are no new light types.

i see now. 8.5 has nine types, i thought they were referring to some new ones on the website.

great upgrade though. looking forward to trying n-gons instead of using a cad model.

Hm I remember seeing a screenshot of some sort of new lighttype yesterday, I’ll look for it…

Question about isolines -

i see c4d 9 supports isolines (sweet), is it possible to have one object display the isolines such as a human figure and another object such as a car have the standard c4d 8 cage (both objects in Hyoernurbs)

I agree, Isoline Editing is a splendid idea. It will be a huge help to me for modeling.

How about Soft Selection while sculpting, a-la Mesh Surgery? Watching the videos on the Maxon site I couldn’t determine if the new tools covered all the bases that MS did. Also, with regards to rendering, I could never get AR to produce both depth of field and glow effects in the same render. Is that possible now? Or have I been doing something wrong all this time.
Regardless, there is enough in R9 to sell me on it. Can’t wait.

If it’s a display mode I would guess that they’ve added it to the display tag in the object manager,

would also like this ability :slight_smile:

Yes. :slight_smile:

But that message was too short for CGTalk, so blah blah blah

AFAIK its not the same, but R9 has soft-selections via vertex maps (if you want to paint the fall-off), spline controls or some built-in falloffs. It also has options for how to apply the fall-off, it can apply it from the selection center, from the center point of groups of selected elements or from every selected element (afaik, Mesh Surgery works like the center of groups mode). It also has an option to use the fall-off via the direct 3d distance (how I believe most other systems work) or via the mesh surface itself (which can make life much easier, magnet and brush also have this option). There is also a “Rubber” option which is fairly unique, its also rather hard to describe :slight_smile:

Let it be known that the R9 demo is available for download even though it says it’s the R8 demo all the way through the process till the download page… Where it is the R9.

MiKEY

LOL, I just stumbled on that myself! I figured I’d download the 8.5 demo to get a bit more familiar with the UI again (tried it once before) so that I’d be better prepared for 9 and look what I found! =D

I think you’ve got soft shadow caching (in the render settings). Huge speed increase in animations…

just a note on this, ms has falloff from every selected element, as well as falloff from center of cursor, falloff from object, falloff from any point in space over any distance, falloff from center of selection, multidirectional control of falloff and multishaped falloff (spherical, linear, planar, tubular, horizontal screen, vertical screen, etc etc, vertexmap falloff, and 3d distance falloff, noise falloff. the soft selection in r9 is not on the same level though it does have surface based which traverses the surface rather than going through 3d space. if you’re comparing the mesh brush to the r9 copy of it, mesh brush is not locked to verteces (except in vertexfalloff), has scripting, visual surface feedback etc etc.