Questions & Help

Have a question? Need some help? Ask us below! We’ll do our best to help.

Hello,

I got an email from CGMA about this contest. Their prize list is completely different from the one listed in the cgsociety forum posting.

The CGMA email says
1st Place: iPad Pro, 1 FREE CGMA class
2nd prize: iPad OR 50% off of 1 CGMA class
3rd place: $100 Amazon Gift Card OR 25% off of 1 CGMA class

The contest forum post says
1st Place: iPad Pro OR 50% off 1 CGMA class
2nd Place: iPad OR 30% off of 1 CGMA class
3rd Place: $100 Amazon Gift Card OR 15% off of 1 CGMA class

Not sure which prize list is the accurate one.

The deadline says September 4th on the contest rules but the final submissions page says the deadline is August 29th.

Also, do all artists retain the rights to their submitted work in the contest?

Hello!

In the Challenge description, it is said “Fully design and render your version of any of the three levels of the Golden Pharaoh X-Suit”. I’m not sure I follow (english is not my main language, sorry). Do we:

A- Render and design one of the 3 levels of the Golden Pharaoh X-suit as it is appearing in the small video and on the pictures, without changing the whole look?

or

B- Reinvent and create an entire new suit, completely different from what is shown in the video or on the pictures.

Thanks for the clarification and looking forward to participate!

Hi @RebRoll, thanks for checking in. We had a last minute update to the prizes and contest length, which are now updated on the contest page. They are:

1st Place: iPad Pro OR 1 FREE CGMA class
2nd prize: iPad OR 50% off of 1 CGMA class
3rd place: $100 Amazon Gift Card OR 25% off of 1 CGMA class

Aug 4th - Sep 4th

Update on the rights question - yes. Rules have been updated for clarification:
All artists retain the rights to their submitted work in the contest. By submitting in the WIPs or final submissions threads, you agree to allow all mentioned sponsors to share any WIPs and final submissions on the sponsors’ own social media channels.

Thanks!

@ydubeau & @hwen, thanks for asking.

A little closer to --> A- Render and design one of the 3 levels of the Golden Pharaoh X-suit as it is appearing in the small video and on the pictures, without changing the whole look

The submitted piece should retain all main elements of the skin (such as the mask, the gold color/theme, and the “noble Pharaoh” style). However you can be creative with the outfit details, the background design, or any storytelling / concept art.

You are welcome to submit multiple angles, but it isn’t necessary.

Hope that helps. Thanks!

Hi.
According to official sources Golden Pharaoh X-Suit has 6 levels., not 3. And there is no such thing as " the Level 3 / Ultimate form" (see image attached). Please, correct me if I am wrong.

Also I would like to ask if usage of 3d allowed in the process as long as final submission is 2d? And if so, to what extent.

Thanks.

HI @kizikay, I believe the 3 forms are:

• Basic Appearance
  • Advanced Form
  • Final Form

The other parts are other bonuses and elements you can achieve.
I will update the rules verbiage so it’s not confusing. Thanks!

Update on 3d for process – yes, as long as the final submission is 2D. Thanks!

Hi! I just have a question for clarification (forgive me if I am just overthinking this). Are we expected to do a final render (2d) of a 3d model, or are we able to fully render and detail illustration-style (similar to a splash page for a champion in League of Legends)?

Hello, I’m not really familiar with digital art .
would it be problem is i submit a scanned copy of my drawing or painting for the event?

Some people may render in 3D and then sweeten the image in a 2D digital paint package. Really up to you.

Sure.

how will we be notified when the winners are selected?

Thanks for telling