questions about florida schools

get some loans my good friend… debt is an American past time :smiley:

Only other option is to take out private student loans.

can you give some websites about all this private loans,
and do i have to pay these private loans later after graduation

There is a new law to help folks with a lot of student debt. If it is a federal loan, you can get convert your loan to a direct payment loan and pay the loan based on your income! If you have insufficient income to make the payments ,such as not being employed, the loan doesn’t have to be paid during that time till your income increases. Once the loan exceeds 25 years, the remaining balance gets discharged. However, this only applies to federal loans and NOT private loans.

well for private loans thats my last choice, is there other choices besides private loans

Not really, some people would say army but since the school is a private school you wont get much financial aid for service. Loans are your last option. Unless if your parents pay for it.

because stafford loan only gives so much, so basically my last option is private loans. Because i heard few bad things about private loans thats why

talk to the school about co-ops, grants, ect… see what they can do. They are usually performance based so i hope your portfolio is up to snuff.

that being said, loans are very cheap right now and i would say about 70% of college students have some sort of debt when the get through school.

That article has been floating around for years. That was written by some guy who slacked off through school and just coasted through. You don’t just get a degree and except your school to hand you a job.

I currently go to Full Sail and will graduate this year, and while things aren’t really the way they present themselves, it’s still a pretty solid school. You get what you put in - if your looking for a school to just idle through the program, this isn’t the school for you. If your not asking questions throughout class, getting critiques on your work or working on your own projects in your free time, it’s probably not the school for you. They give you a lot of work in a short amount of time, and if your not using all the time they give you to get the most out of it, your just wasting space. They give you 2 years to get a 4 year degree; it’s more of a crash course. All the classes are a month, and your expected to learn the subject and then bang out a project. That’s not alot of time, and if your expecting to learn at your leasure it’s not for you.

The majority of the animation teachers at this school are industry professionals, or at least have worked in the industry.

Well be that true or not, with the full sale grads I know I still recommend DAVE over them. Since the vast majority of what I’ve heard about them from various people on the net and people I know is not good.

In my experience, people only post internet reviews if they’re dissatisfied. From what I’ve seen from DAVE, it seems like a button pressing kinda school, as opposed to actually giving you the freedom to try new ways of learning. Of course, Full Sail isn’t perfect, so take that as you will.

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.