Process breakdown

Hi guys,
I will be sharing here some breakdown of my pieces, feel free to ask any questions or anything :slight_smile:

You make it look easy. Impressive and inspiring work ! Thanks for sharing your breakdown. The perspective, lighting and mood of this picture tells so much.

Ah, always nice to see how paintings like these take shapes! :slight_smile: Thanks for sharing! What about your idea process. Do you have ideas and let them grow in your mind over a period of time, or work them immediately as they appear?

Awesome!

Really nice to have so many steps.
Thanks for sharing. :slight_smile:

Thank you :stuck_out_tongue:

It depends on the piece I guess, sometimes I have a pretty clear picture in my head before I even start to draw anything, like for this particular one and sometimes it is pretty loose and I am looking for happy accidents as the piece progresses :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Ah, thanks for answering :slight_smile: Nice to hear about it!

Hi guys, here is another process breakdown :slight_smile:

This is an amazing thread!

Hi there Kamila,
you have outstanding work!

I have question, if you please.

How do you find the right image for the bashing? Does it take time till you like suitable one?
In the second process of yours from, the sketch is not clear at all what it is going to be, but after adding the stones on the right they are corresponding very well to the composition with the tilt towards the character.

Hi,

sorry for the late respond, just got back home from Promised Land :slight_smile:
Actually for this kind of pieces I am only looking for the right light direction, I can overpaint and tranform everything else to fit my needs :slight_smile:

How was promised land anything you brought back from the experience skill wise or you feel will change your work in anyway?

Promised Land was great like always :slight_smile: and yes, I am actually trying a new workflow now, after Paul Chadeisson talk :stuck_out_tongue:

How inspiring. Actually I’m frustrated with my artwork, I want to enhance my ability to do environment art but I’m blocked ;_; This is so inspiring, thanks for sharing!

What’s the matter, why are you blocked?

Well, I think this happens to all of us sometime. It’s just I do thumbnails, or I start a new sketch of environment and I don’t like anything of what I’m doing. And in the case I start to like some of my artwork in a couple of days I simply drop it because it’s not good to my eyes!

I don’t know if its that I see a lot of work from professional people and compare it with mine and it’s never enough (I know this sounds stupid, but I’m aiming very seriously to work in videogame industry), but by the other side I know I have not enough level.

Putting in simple words, I see what are the things that fail in my work (such as composition, light, color, shape…) but it’s hard to solve that problems and be efficient while working to learn. I think my previous post was more dramatic than the reality haha, I’ll keep working to improve. This challenge would be great to share my fails and obtain some feedback x) (Sorry for the testament, lol)

I totally understand, I guess everyone is struggling with the same problem :slight_smile: When I am feeling like this I try to remember two things I saw in the past - finished not perfect https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRtV-ugIT0k
and one thing my mentor showed to me once, when I was saying the same thing you did, it really helped me :slight_smile: http://nbaxter.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/431467_10151644375350620_2115549550_n.jpg