problem for save my scene

Is normal for a scene to take several minutes to be saved ? I make any change in my scene and when I save the changes it take very long only for that.

tanks

f3de

Hey f3de,

It shouldn’t take too long - of course depending on the complexity of your scene it might. You may want to play around with removing history where you can, and try File->Optimize Scene Size…

I have a scene with 1000000 polys and 60 lights that cast shadows only and I reuse the dephmap. I have clane the history and reduce the size of the file but still take 20 minutes for save. I have many groups and I dont know if that can be long or maybe is shast my machine that is not a full power elevation one.

boom shanti !!

f3de

20 minutes still seems like a long time… what kind of processor power/memory do you have? How big is the maya file? Did you try saving it as a mb or ma?

I have a P4 2.46 Hz. memoria 512 MB Ram. Windows XP Pro and the scene is 66.2 MB. I will try now saveit as ma and see what happend, after I tell you. Another thing I will try is to open the scene as a reference scene to do some more staff because if not I will go mad with the waiting times.

gracias amigo

f3de

The scene in ma is bigger then mb. Tell me what do you think ? It is a machine limitation, is any problem in the scene or is normal ?

f3de

Yes, I thought it would be bigger, but did it save quicker? I don’t usually make my scenes that many polygons - I’m a character animator so my poly counts tend to be fairly low - but 20 minutes seems a bit unusable to me…

Hello friend,

I have find the problem. It was on the scene. An object with 0 scale, not only one it was all the windows on a city. That with the lights with deph map shadow make maya go off the planet. Long time for save, render, ultraheavy scene etc. The save pass from 20 to 1 minute. The render from 2.30 hs to 15 minute for frame. It drive me loco for 2 weeks. Any way I have lern lots.

Thank you for your help

f3de

Hey that’s great you found the problem! You may want to report the bug to Alias.

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.