Portrait Of A Girl, Dongmei (2D)

Title: Portrait Of A Girl
Name: Dongmei
Software: Painter

My coworker asked me to do a oil painting portrait for her, since it takes too long to do a real oil painting on canvas, i came up with this, trying to mimic the oil media.It’s done in painter 8, One day of working.

Looks like you succeeded! =)
I love this type of work, so it gets 5 from me. The only thing that really stands out, is that the clothing feels a little detail-less. I could probably find more things to crit in terms of realism, but since this is meant to look like an oil painting…no further crits. =) The lighting is wonderful. claps

What sort of references did you use? (just curious)

I really like your use of light as well. Very nicely executed. you should be proud of this one.

Excelent. Makes me want to try painter =)

wow, cgtalk’s service is fast, i thought it would be posted after 2days, actually only took 2 mins!
thanks Sunbane and Zukum
It’s just a regular shot she gave to me.Nothing fancy.I created the light of my own.

Very good work, especially when you consider the time frame. The only thing that I would suggest is that you blend the colours a bit in the skin tone to make them less jarring. Not much, just a bit. That’s my personal preference, anyway.

sucks dude.

naw just kidding, its fricking great! good color! very warm, im sure she will be xtra pleased. no crits for 1 day of work!

edit ok one crit. her left eye is not looking in teh same spot as her right eye

Perfect. Absolutely perfect.

Wonderful,

…SHE OWES YOU A DATE NOW. :love:

Nice portrait you have there. But the eye to our right seems not right in perspektive.

Take a look here… maybe you should fix that.

And maybe some wore work on the upperbody and arms.

Keep working :thumbsup:

hi i am sanjo. I am frome INDIA.This is wonderful.Lighting is wonderful.I ilike the the way the hair treated

pleaseeeeee…I want to know the way u worked. I mean the base tequniqes can u post me some detail.Because i have no proper book or guides .or it will be great pleasure to me if u direct some good sites about painter…

THANKS

不要整天把中国的名号摆来摆去的,在我的眼里艺术的国界,有,但是是理论上的,画画关民族的气节也不错,但画的不行就是不行,非常客观。我真的从画中看不出来一点意思,学苏联多久了大哥?还这么画,满天都是飞机了。要说传统也只是学习了传统对于现实一点一点地兢兢业业的刻画,思想方面真的有待提高,而且,真的,形不准的。
就说这么多了,等你慢慢提高吧

Thank your guys for you feedback,
Grugi, thanks, but i dont think your perspective is right, becuz like i said i painted it based on
a photograph provided, precision and perspective wise, there shouldnt be any problems, unless the camera cheated.
little Picasso, 我知道你为什么来这里挑场子,不知你想到没有你这样做只会给整个
中国人脸上抹黑,中国人一向是以不团结著了名的,现在又打到国外论坛上来给全世界的人看我们中国人是如何内斗的,你这样做只会使洋人们更看低我们这个民族。请你好自为之吧。

nice painting! this is great looks real.

小毕加只是说了事实,那个小子对谁都不服。语气是重了一些,但是比你当初的那些P话更加有建设性,至少别人是在评价你的画,不是在评价你的人。

PS:如果真的想给中国人争光的话,就不要拿一些老图来充数。评个4星5星的并不算什么,有本事把图灌进【EXPOSE 3】,那样才叫争光!

No words for it.five stars from me.
Your tech used here is exactly what I want to have,a long way to walk for me,isn’t it?
To my surprise you are a chinese too,why not show it on your avatar?
Your two’s dispute is the worst thing I want to see,a lady or gentleman would not do this.

zhuzhu 你好,谢谢你的评价。

呵呵,我一猜就是来砸场子的,在全世界人民面前丢人现眼来了。如果小毕批评的正确我也就接受了,可惜
根本不是那么回事。本人根本就没学过什么苏派,至于形,如果按照照片作底刻画还不准的话,我不知道还有什么更准的了。
看看别人老外的公正评价让我心服口服。一个正常心理的人根本不会用这么恶意的攻击字眼来评价别人的画。为什么中国人内斗了没完没了还要在国外也斗呢?唉,这真是全中华民族的悲哀啊。
再说了,我最近去日本旅游了好久,没画什么新画,所以才贴了这张旧的。至于expose3,我自认实力还不够,
一起努力把。

小毕加也混插画中国,只是不小心看到了以前的那些废话。小兄弟,讲点江湖义气很正常。谈到【恶意心态【,你我以前都感受过,这点就不用谦虚了。你也知道老外的评价公证,其实是别人的心态问题,善于发掘别人的优点。中国人的特色就是善于挖掘别人的缺点,并添油加醋,谈到最后就跑到人身攻击上去了。当然,那些过去的事情,我没有兴趣再去回忆,如果能够摈弃前嫌,重新开始,还是朋友,我不是那么小气的人。好歹我们都是上海人,中国人。

以后如果遇到词穷,千万不要把中华民族抬出来,有点过大,还没有到那个境界和层次。既然说到了形的问题,trace photo并不是什么见不得人的事情,很多商业插图就是这么做的。但是绘画艺术不是单纯地追求表面的像,你的这张图的确刻画得不错,但是少一点感觉,可能就是你太在意像的缘故,少了一些自己的主见。

Gabrill, thanks for your comments.
sorry about that if it bothered you, I live in Vancouver now.
Idont want to dispute but obviously sb here
isnt following the 4 rules very well. i am trying to translate it to him becuz i assume he doesnt
understand English very well

谢谢你的公正评价,说实话这只是一个商业订单我根本也不想怎么样发挥。
看到了楼上的反应没有?这就是dispute最负面的影响,我说会影响到中华民族的形象此话一点不过分,
在外国人眼里看来就会造成中国人喜欢内斗,没有礼貌的恶劣印象,这一点绝不是危言耸听。