Portalegre Station, Juan Manuel Aleman (3D)

Title: Portalegre Station
Name: Juan Manuel Aleman
Software: 3ds max, Photoshop, VRay

Title: Portalegre Station
Name: Juan Manuel Aleman (moegdl)
Software: 3ds max, Photoshop, VRay

I try to do this render as close as possible to the picture (http://bit.ly/kWvexY)
This scene was created in 3ds Max. Rendered in VRay and Photoshop for post production.

The station is located in Portalegre, Portugal (East Line)
Hope you like it

(Original photo from Nuno Morao)

Fantastic, textures and lighting look really great!

Only thing I picked from the reference is that the floor could be a little shinier with some dirt map in the glossiness slot (if that’s what it’s called in VRay).

@Kev3D thanks for your comments.
I think the same way, believe me I really try but I couldn’t get that shining floor!.
I need to work harder on this.
Thanks!!.

Render (1497×2000)

Original photo:

Looks nice.

Im glad you like it!

Very nicely done its almost spot on to the image. One other thing i noticed that is a little bit off from the reference is the rooms darkest parts needs to be darker, and also those “dark spots” on the left of the door is missing, dont know what those are. Anyway, good job! :slight_smile:

Nice picture, and nice lighting !
Just a little thing, gravel at the bottom it’s a little bit flat, need a lot of displace.

Just a little thing again, can you post your render settings please, and your light method ?

Many thanks.

@Xerotin
I don’t know either what those “black spots” are, but it’s true, I let it pass!
Thanks for your comment!

@thierrybtz
I didn’t use displacement map, instead of that I use scatter (I made a model stone), it should have seen better, right? Perhaps I fail with the texture.
About my render setting, I will submit later on I promise (i have some issues with my file)

I haven’t been in Portalegre’s train station in many years but those “black spots” look like they are the remains from the old electrical system.

Beautiful render.

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.