PLEASE READ: MANDATORY NEW RULE FOR THE CHALLENGE SITE

I thought it important to mention this since I received a few messages last month due to those who missed the submission time…

Please make sure you put up at least a sketch in the challenge gallery, it was designed for this purpose, we already have a slew of entries and the mods can’t keep up :argh:

So we have decided to make it a mandatory rule to at least upload a sketch to the challenge site, it makes the viewing process a ton easier, plus your thread wouldn’t be buried as easily and it makes feedback more pleasant for all of us :slight_smile:

http://www.cgchallenge.com/challenge.php

have fun and good luck

salud

Yeah guys, come on! :smiley:
Entering some pics onto the challenge site makes viewing the entire challenge much easier! :thumbsup:
I was just there now, and there aren’t nearly enough entries there :shame:

It only takes a few minutes to upload your pics there, and you can upload BIG images too :wink:

Just got a question…are we supposed to update the image in that to the most current picture as we go? I was just wondering if that was the case or if its just the concept sketch. I saw several model renders in the listing thats why I’m asking. Thanks

Originally posted by BlueCougar
Just got a question…are we supposed to update the image in that to the most current picture as we go?

YEs

suggestion:

can’t we have some sorta countdown thingie to clear up the timezone disputes?

Originally posted by levin
[B]suggestion:

can’t we have some sorta countdown thingie to clear up the timezone disputes? [/B]

What do you suggest?

salud

something like…

you only have 57 days, 5 hours, 24 minutes to finish the challenge

flashed on the challenge site so nobody really has to go calculate the time in GMT; 5 minutes left is five minutes left no matter what your timezone is

:slight_smile: :shrug:

Hey I like that, we’ll see. Thx for the tip :thumbsup:

salud

…SORRRYYY. deleted…

shame on me.:annoyed:

Hi Lildragon

some questions:

1. why is it that I can only upload Images that have a max. size of 20 Kb ? It is hardly possible to show any detailed pics with such a size limit. (I have seen that others don’t have these limits).Does it have to do with the number of my posts ?

2. I’ve noticed that some pictures are not displayed in the forum,but only a link to download them.Does this have to do with the settings ?

You answer can be found here http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=40506 and the reason why you’re seeing links instead of inline pics, is because we’re giving that a go for a week or so to see what impact it has on the server.

You know you DO have an advantage when you’re in the challenge right? you can link your pic from the challenge site!

salud

thanks,Lildragon.
I’ve already linked my images to my webspace.
Leigh has also been of great help.

:beer:

so we have to upload a minimum of 2 pictures? the final picture and the a extra sketch, or do we have to make one picture with the sketch and the final model together on it?

You can only upload one image, but you can make a collage like most do…

salud

thats what i meant :slight_smile:

Hi,
I was just looking for the LOTR font and the nice title written with it evryone else uses in his pictures.
I read in one thread that they’re available for download somewhere,but I’m not able to locate that thread. :scream:

where can I get the Title and the font ?

help:cry:

oh h13 i didn’t recognize it, greetings from berlin to berlin :smiley:

:edit: lol ich glaubs ja nich, arbeitet der doch glatt beim Ursprung der Firma in der ich arbeite :smiley: :edit:

:edit2: bzw hast da gearbeitet :wink: , schon was neues gefunden? :edit2:

Originally posted by levin
[B]suggestion:

can’t we have some sorta countdown thingie to clear up the timezone disputes? [/B]

When this clock hits 24:00:00, then time is up. :smiley:

Originally posted by H13
[B]Hi,
I was just looking for the LOTR font and the nice title written with it evryone else uses in his pictures.
I read in one thread that they’re available for download somewhere,but I’m not able to locate that thread. :scream:

help:cry: [/B]

Yeah, I made the PSD file I used availiable to everyone a while back…
You can get the title HERE

-DivideByZero-

Originally posted by H13
[B]Hi,

help:cry: [/B]

Was my thread :wink: http://www.dafont.com/en/search.php?q=lord+of+the+rings&page=2

salud