Just a suggestion: but could the WIP and finished works threads be done on something line the following basis:
Everyone posts there own ‘work in progress’ thread - with a naming convention on the lines of:
A sticky closed thread with Finished Works - is used to highlight the finalised works. This would carry a one line description of the project, a final image and a link back the relevant WIP project thread. But no other comments. (Similar to the Masters thread)
Once a project is finished - the original artist (or any of the community?) can nominate for the works to be included in the Finished Works thread. Wegg acts as moderator - so he could either accept it immiediately or it gets a community vote and the community decide it should be in the finished works thread…
The benefit of this is are:
- there is an easily accessible showcase for finished works that links back to to the underpining work in progress thread.
- AM users can quickly find examples that they might be interested in seeing and jump to the relevent thread. for the context, WIP progress and to read the commentary etc.
- It prevents the Finished Works thread clogging up with comments that make it difficult to wade through
- it should be give Wegg and any other moderators an easy means of moderating a finished works thread
- it preserves the community say on what should or should not be there.
- the individual WIP threads make it easier to focus and provide support and constructive criticism, commentary and congratulations in context for a given work.
just a suggestion,