I may be overcomplicating things in my head about what’s involved in the process of making and animating characters, but a lot of terminology goes over my head when looking into it and I often can’t find anything that gives me a direct answer, so hopefully somewhere here can. (Apologies if this has been asked millions of times)
For context purposes, I’m using zbrush, Maya, and photoshop.
SO! Here are my questions to all who can answer them:
- The basic idea I’ve gotten is that you model highpoly in zbrush, import it into maya and do cleanup. Does this mean tracing over the model with a much cleaner version that has holes in the eyes and mouth for animating?
- Are clothes (non removable) merged with the character or pinned on with some way that I need to educate myself on?
- When painting onto a model directly rather than onto a net (I’ve heard of some programmes doing this) is there an opportunity to use other brushes or is this process only used as a base/guide for a detailed net version?
- Do I need to add wrinkles and small details onto a model or can I just rely on texturing and bump-mapping?
- I read about the process of texturing skin and saw that many layers are used, does this mean that I’d need to play around with texture settings or is this lies?
Thanks for taking the time to read through my beginner terrible questions and/or answering them! I’m still researching into this all but can’t seem to get my head around those specific things.