I’m not a Box #3 user but I’ve just let my subscription expire today, and since an upgrade costs £1830 (inc tax) which equals a staggering $2,892 whether it’s a single release cycle or a multiple release cycle, it’s going to be years until I upgrade again, if at all. Especially in light of the recent financial results from AD.
I’d had enough of being coerced into subscription, pestered into buying a 3-year subscription, poor support for new authorisation codes (4-5 days to get a code) before prices go up and then not getting anything that I didn’t already have particle-wise for my trouble.
The whole Creation Suite thing was just the straw that broke the camel’s back, even more so that recompiles for Box #2 didn’t arrive until well into the 2013 cycle.
I’m just going to wait for the dust to settle and then see if XBR was worth it.
It just seemed an apt time to actually tell them enough was enough.