over the clouds

10 october 2382 : “few years ago humanoids built a very high hangliding center, with the statue of their god lying at its top. It is only accessible by a special train , and there is only one way to leave ‘a hanglider’.”

This is my work for the NVart comp,done with maya and photoshop. Hope you like it.

time : 2weeks after work.
rendertime : 13 hrs - laptop sony vaio core duo 1.66Ghz 2Gb ram.
softwares : Maya , Mental ray , Photoshop.

Regards, Georges.

wow that is very cool. I love the unique geometries, and the hangliders. The color also lends itself to a very dreamlike feeling. Nice work.

I absolutely love the idea!

The only thing that bothers me is the lack of shadowing in the buildings, which makes the buildings look a little flat. Also, the texture detail looks a little lacking, which kills the sense of life in the image.

Overall, I think it’s got some great imagination and with a bit of refinement could potentially become a great piece.:applause:

Great job!

thx for your comments

thx for your opinion leif3d, i knew about the competition very late so i didn’t have time to really refine this piece i wanted to enter the comp so i had to respect the deadline in the cost of a lot of refinements :slight_smile:

Regards

Georges

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.