I think FX Wars needs to be reorganized, so it attract more people.
First thing that pulling me off is complicated procedure to get the models for the challenge (first open a thread, then send a mail to Roberto, and he will send you the code, that you will use to download rar, from witch you will be able to send a request on e-mail, and get the password for the download link…).
Of course, it’s not like that, but I am overextending things here, just to make my point.
Why not, like in the Lighting challenge? Just download link, and that’s it?
I don’t like the 2 new suggestions. Car chase, and 4 seasons were already challenges, as far as my memory serves me.
Try with this ones:
- Supernova to blackhole
- Nanomite effects (lot’s of small creatures eats big objects)
- Elemental wars (characters of fire, water, air, earth elementals fighting each-others)
- De-cloaking (like predator, from barely visible - to visible, with lots of electric charges, and stuff)
- Asteroid enters atmosphere and/or dissolving planet
- Energy Cannon (Big cannon that is charging (think of independence day movie, an alien charging))
- spaceship from the deep (calm ocean, and then suddenly spaceship(s) came out of water, and hurls into sky)
Also, it would be good that somebody records live footage (street, or plains, or desert… or whatever), and that we all recieve the same video, on witch we will be working on a scene like meteorite hits the ground, or alien invasion, or some girl bending hands in circular way, and the challenge is to create a magic. Or appear-dissapear effect (2 same videos, one without character walking, one with character walking (the task is to make character appear in a cool way).
For every challenge, I think it would be good that Roberto creates a theme on a CG general discussion.