Ot: Iran Earthquake Help

Sorry to post this “of topic” thread, but we all saw the terrible news about the earthquake in Iran on the 2nd Christmas day.

My brother works for the “German THW” (German disatser control) and went down to Iran last night so I’m a little bid connected and wanted to help too.

So I wanted to call for donation on this board, sorry I know of topic, but if anybody wants to donate some money for the people of Iran you will find donating account on your local newspaper or news station homepage.

Thanks, and sorry for my bad english, but who cares about that.

wanna put this on front page ?

I too think is it a big disaster.
I cant image 20,000 people dead in just one night.
Your brother has my respect, he is the one going over there to help.

I wish the people of Iran and anyone involved strength on this terrible day.

a singe death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic.

im just trying to say that you cant imagine the large scale destruction, we have nothing to compare it with. Still,

I still hope that they manage to salvage as much as they can from this disaster and hope that as many can be saved as possible. Hopefully they will be able to learn from it too, in terms of disaster responce.

Your brother has my respect too
20,000 oh my god
any I will try to help
and plz cgtalk member try to help just try with any thing

now they speak about even 50’000 dead

there was such a mass drama & media presence when it was about 3000 us-americans. but then again it’s just 50’000 iranis now…

don’t try and compare terrorist attacks with natural disasters please.

my prayers to all the families around the world hurt by this tragedy.

Originally posted by hardimage
[B]now they speak about even 50’000 dead

there was such a mass drama & media presence when it was about 3000 us-americans. but then again it’s just 50’000 iranis now… [/B]

No, it 20,000 - 50,000 PEOPLE

No matter who lost there life, it still hurts there family , frends, and loved ones.

No one likes to see the death of so many.

The one thing I haven’t heard mentioned was whether or not that region is prone to earthquakes or if they are a rare occurance. Does anyone know?

From what I heard, the regon is prone to earthquakes, and they have them every year, though not that large.

They just do not have the building codes that other areas have, and the quake hit a populated area. That is why the large number of deaths compared to the larger quake in Califorina 6.5 vs 6.3 and 20K-50K Dead vs 2 Dead.

Originally posted by hardimage
there was such a mass drama & media presence when it was about 3000 us-americans. but then again it’s just 50’000 iranis now…

Leave politics out of this please.

This is a tragedy regardless of who it happened to, and while it’s hard for us to comprehend the scale of it, I’m sure it’s easier for the Iranians who are actually dealing with it. Our thoughts should be with them.

[edit] You can donate specifically for the Iran disaster to UNICEF online.

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.