OSBTools - Model sanitisation tool

Hi all,

This is a modeling too I’ve written and it just sits in my github. Would this be of interest to anyone?

https://github.com/shyal/osbTools

Let me know as I get various people contacting me from time to time, asking me to build it… if it’s of any interest I’ll see if I can get binaries up somewhere.

Cheers,

Shydo

Definately cool! Maybe a preset option for sending to Mari / Mudbox. I would use it.

Definately cool! Maybe a preset option for sending to Mari / Mudbox. I would use it.

Hey Shydo, I might be a little late for this but. How can make the tool run? after calling it gives me this error

// Error: file: C:/Users/%USER%/Documents/maya/2016.5/scripts/osbSanityChecker.mel line 1: Plug-in, "osbTools-1.0", was not found on MAYA_PLUG_IN_PATH.

I placed all .mel and .py files in the same route and made the maya.env point in that direction but still doesn’t run.
I’m also quite new using maya so forgive if this is a noob question :shrug:

What operating system are you running? From your message I presume it’s windows, but I don’t like making assumptions. Also just to be 100% explicit, what maya version do you want to use it with?

Shydo, thanks for your reply.

I’m running maya 2016.5 in windows 7 x64.

Still, dont know how to load “osbTools-1.0” Plugin.

Repeated post, how can I delete this?

Please , Would you compile it for latest maya versions (2018).