One of the coolest, simple, yet useful Maya Tips you may or may not know. :D

Am curious to see how many people actually use this, so please let me know if this is new to you or not?

I cant remember who taught it to me a few years ago, thanks to whoever did, but I was slightly amazed at the number of co-workers, some ninjas at Maya, that never knew about it :wink:

http://vimeo.com/26338568

cool, didnt know that one. Thanks for sharing!

Pretty cool, a new one on me anyway. Thanks for that.

Cheers,
Brian

I appreciate your posting this.
I’ve only used Maya for two days,
so I didn’t know :-]

Nice!
I never knew that one. From now on I’ll use it in preference to the channel-box right-click menu “duplicate values” which should do the same thing, but doesn’t work in the SHAPES area.

David

Doh, I accidentally did that numerous times and didn’t realize what I was doing. I would TAB through the numbers until I got to the ones I wanted to change. Sometimes starting and stopping on different values in the channel box. Because I had numerous objects selected it corrected them all even though I only tabbed through to certain numbers.

Now I can see it was BECAUSE I tabbed through them.

Thanks for that Howard. Used to surprise me over the years and now I finally know why.

Heh it’s always funny the things people find… I still remember the time I showed an animator the makeRoll command and he nearly jumped out of his chair with excitement as he was animating a rolling object :slight_smile:

I knew I could use TAB to skip the rows but I never use it because I am more used to the CTRL key.
So it never occured to me that you can use it that way.
I just select each entry and hit ENTER, when I want to copy values over.

But yeah, I noticed that many people dont even know that one and I am always quite puzzled when I see them doing all kinds of crazy workflows to get values over etc. :slight_smile:

hah, neat :slight_smile:

cool! didn’t know about that one either.

woops wrong post…

But I’ll contribute… I’ve found that http://www.tokeru.com/t/bin/view/Maya/WebHome (written mostly by Matt Estella) has some really good help/tricks/links. Must-read if you’re a maya geek.

kind of funny how you can know to edit all values of multiple objects with the channel editor and still not realize you can do this. Guess I don’t need my match Translation MEL script anymore. lol - thanks

it seems that when selecting all the channels at once, the behavior isnt the same as doing them a few at a time. Is anyone else getting this?

Nice tip!! Never heard about that before! Thanksss

Cheers guys!

Yes if you select them all at once and hit tab they are replaced with one value.

I find this method useful when doing trying to tweak several ncloth attributes at once, not just translation/rotation/scale. A lot easier than save preset, load preset, repeat…

Ooh! That’s cool! Thanks for that tip!

Heh it’s always funny the things people find… I still remember the time I showed an animator the makeRoll command and he nearly jumped out of his chair with excitement as he was animating a rolling object

Runs to go have a look at this command

Thanks for the tip! it’s great! :thumbsup:

Nice! Had no idea that was there but very useful

Who would’ve guessed…Thanks.

NEATO. I didnt know that one !