Object/Space Ship: Borg Cube

A while back, I shared with you all an image of a Borg Cube that was near completion. The only thing that wasn’t working was the interior illumination.

Since then, my hard drive fried, and all information on disk was un-attainable.

So I started over. Determination bordered on obsession, and I was not about to lose my personal best so close to being done. So, I started over. I had hoped the V2 would be better than before (this was shallow optimism). I am happy to announce that I do believe this version does indeed look better… and the face/vertice count is a little lower.

Technically, I am not yet done. there are 4 other sides that I have to illuminate. But I have enough to show you now and consider done.

Truespace 4.2

SB

It’s intricate work and looks good, but I think it needs something to make it more interesting. Any plans for it after you finish lighting?

http://mysite.freeserve.com/lo_volt

Originally posted by lo_volt
[B]It’s intricate work and looks good, but I think it needs something to make it more interesting. Any plans for it after you finish lighting?

http://mysite.freeserve.com/lo_volt [/B]

Borg ships are boring. I think the piping look is why I wanted to do this.

I have a couple scenes in mind for this baby. However, sinne the finished cube file is 36+ megs in size, I better be creative in my use of it :surprised

SB

is there a wireframe we can see?

nono, borgcubes are very interesting, yours just isn’t :wink:
I really like the green-light parts but for the rest it’s…not ST-like :shrug:

i like it, but i think it’s a little too… clean. maybe this could be fixed when environment fog is put into the scene, also the green seems a bit dark. it kinda looks like a toy made of plastic.

i like it it though, very intricate and complex, which is what you were going for ofcourse :slight_smile:

:applause:

I think it is the cube shape that makes it look hmm… less interesting, if it was a pyramid or something else… But the detail work is amazing, it really is. What I’m saying is that it is a shame that it was done in the shape of a cube, it has lots of potential. Perhaps if you put it in the right environment… in a closer look so we can see the details.

Your detailed work rocks! that’s for sure… just think out of the box next time… (pun intended hehehe)…

joel

Sorry if it’s a little too plain. Perhaps later I’ll add an escape pod port ala First Contact to one of the sides.

Borg pyramid? Hmmm… not a bad thought. I was contemplating an obelisk, but a pyramid sounds rather interesting.

@Dreamwave- gee thanks :wink:

Wireframes:
(Sorry about image size, but they have to be shown)

SB

wow !

so many details !

You have a pattern going on with the pipes on the very outside. Change it up make it look like there is no pattern at all. The borg cubes are all different types of technology put into a cube so it not very likely you will get one over all pattern.

In my mind, the Borg strive for perfection… are comprised of a hive operating from a singular voice… and they work in a uniform fashion.

Therefore, in my mind, a pattern design is license that I personally can live with.

Thanks for your inputtho. I appreciate your reply.

CW

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.