Obiwan´s Lightsaber in modo

Hello folks!
I started to learning Modo some days ago. After some hours of video trainings and a lots of stuff in my head, I decide to try it out. I´m trying to find a better G.I only render without textures and so on. But I just can´t adjust it right.
So, I would like to hear your comments, please.

please, comments… :slight_smile:

70 views and no comments…
:cry:

hey i’m not a modo user, but the saber looks nice. hope you get more crits. Perhaps you can make obi-wan holding his saber cause i wanna see the blade.

You know what this needs?? An enviroment to reflect. Put it in a HDRI sphere and see how that looks. Also, scuff it up a bit nothing ever looks as clean and reflective as what youve got there. Good model though, keep it up.

I agree with scuffing/dirtying it up. Right now it looks kind of boring (no offense intended).

Even just modeling a hand instead of a whole Obi-wan and having him hold it or something would help too.

ok!

thanks a lot for the comments. I´ll try to do the tips of you guys!

Waiting to see the new version with some scuffs. The model looks pretty good though. Keep up the good work. :thumbsup:

hey! I´m back!

with some new HDR renders…
let me know what do you guys think about it!

better?

Much. The HDR makes them look a lot more realistic.

But Hdr makes everything look good. I still like the idea about scuffing it up.

Ohh I’m not saying to not add scratches. Definitely add scratches. Ohh and dirt, add dirt too.

ok :slight_smile:
thanks for keeping on this thread…

how could be the better way to add some dirty? textures? if so, where I can find some good free textures?

thanks

oh and I´m think to turn the blade on, but I got difficult to make a glowing material on modo… if someone could help … please…

your work is now shaping up nicely. However you might want to change the studio environment to a more futuristic looking one. Turn on the light saber also :slight_smile: Just to let you know modo support light glow elements :wink: Search in luxology modo forums.

Well here are two websites you might find useful, quite a nice collection of free textures.

http://www.textureking.com/

http://www.bencloward.com/resources_textures.shtml

Take care and good luck.

Hey folks! It´s me again!

I think I did it! Light-saber ON
Still trying to mess with the textures…

another update:

How are you making the blade? the handle should also reflect the blade if its that shiny, and the blade itself could use some work; its not supposed to be defined, rather its a bright core of energy, surrounded by a slightly hazy “surface”, surrounded by a colored glow.
there is a great technique for rotoscoping the blade in photoshop, with great results! Nice saber so far tho!!

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.