Not Yellow, but Orange...And Maya_Like Right Click Menu

Top of the page. It is close to a release as it seems.
http://www.luxology.net/

Reminds me of…http://www.maya-xtools.com/

AnnaLeah

I figure if I tell a shill something may get done.

Everytime someone posts a lux address, I can’t get in. It tells me this:

Server Error in ‘/’ Application.
Runtime Error
Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a “web.config” configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its “mode” attribute set to “Off”.

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
<system.web>
<customErrors mode=“Off”/>
</system.web>
</configuration>

Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom error page by modifying the “defaultRedirect” attribute of the application’s <customErrors> configuration tag to point to a custom error page URL.

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
<system.web>
<customErrors mode=“RemoteOnly” defaultRedirect=“mycustompage.htm”/>
</system.web>
</configuration>

So, my question is, “What’s the server mining for that I’m not giving it?” NO OTHER SITE does this to me.

What browser and on what platform you’re using?

win2k, on the main box, and 98 on the others.
I am connected through a firewall on my w2k machine.
Mind you, I can get there through my direct-connect. My question is, “What are they mining for?”

Edit: Oh, and I use NS 7 and IE.x. NS primarily, unless I hit an IE-only site.

Well, then I’m out of ideas…oh well, you can always look at this image and imagine the rest of the site around it: http://www.luxology.net/img/splash/072004.intheloop.gif

Actually, I imagined all that before they left NT. Right after I got a “new” 6 that was re-written with many of the legacy bugs still alive.

I’m imagining this is exactly what and where we all imagined LightWave would be about now…
:banghead: :banghead:

I now expect even more of LW and it’s future. Maya and XSI are all I’d invest in now, otherwise.

i was thinking today

about the apps i have on my comp and all that and decided i wanted to add lw
but i had trouble on deciding which version of lw wether i could should by the foudation package but then i relazied that if i get it i won’t be able to do simulations and no hair no dynmaics no cloth…i then got upset and decied whelp let me fork out some more cash for this stuff…when i did i relaized that i still wasn’t complete and if i wanted a complete package of what this company was offering i had to fork out a lil more…i did that

boy am i happy with my lw

:slight_smile:

apprt from my reply above what does theis program offer animation wise etc all i seen so far is its modeling capabilties

is it a totally different app or can is it somekind of compliment hack 4 lw modeller

Imagine it as a Silo competitor.

Isn’t Silo freeware…?

Modo is a modeler…strictly. AFAIK

No, but it`s quite cheap for what it offers.
It´s a good app which grows.
Luxology should better keep their prices low to compete IMO.

What I’m curious about it whether or not it will be able to use LW’s Hub. Would there be anything to stop them from doing that?

now this is an interesting question.

I guess it depends on the settlement agreement.

Unless they can put in better feature sets. It isn’t like people said Adobe needs to lower prices because mspaint comes free with windows. :slight_smile:

(not comparing Modo or Silo to photoshop)

biting tongue…

What troubles me in Modo that it is supposed to work like any other app there is, literally. To point out what I mean: “Do you like modeling in LW/Maya/max/blender/whatever? With Modo you’re just one click away from completely same modeling environment!” (not actual quote).

Well yeppee, I can buy a new modeling program to do the exactly same I can do with my own 3D package right now. Okay, so Modo has ngon SubD’s and edges and whatnot, but it seems like that the logic of the program is to work like everyone else but there doesn’t seem to be a definite catch behind the similarity stuff which would turn people to Modo at all.

Should have done that before the notifications when out and let people see your post.

Amazing how the fanboys come out whenever someone even mentions other products…

Modo to Silo may be comparing Photoshop to Paintshop pro maybe.

Although in this case Silo is already out the gate and I can easily make that EXACT same menu in Silo with little work.

I guess we’ll have to see what siggraph holds.

Seems like both are gearing up for that show

I’m gonna be there for the fun!

And a tool is a tool. The artisan behind it makes a difference. Market penetration and “value for the dollar” type perceptions are quite another.

Silo is out. Modo isn’t. I’ll grant them a “yet”. :eek:
Still MarketeerWare, where a positive note is to be left in everyone’s digital mouth. :argh: