newest plugin..

Hi,
I use a very powerful organic software, called Xfrog – it is available as a stand-alone version (Xfrog 3.5) and NEW as plugin (Xfrog 4 PlugIn)!
For the new Xfrog 4 see:
http://www.xfrogdownloads.com/greenwebNew/news/xfrog4Start.htm

It seems very easy to build really nice models of trees, flowers etc. and animate them - they sell over 1000 plant models (tropical, desert, usa, europe, asia, flowers, etc.).

for examples of the stand-alone version see: http://www.xfrogdownloads.com/greenwebNew/gallery/galleryStart.htm

and for examples of the NEW plugin version see:
http://www.xfrog.com/4images

Actually I am not commenting on other people advertising plugins but öhmm, isn´t this the third or fourth time you are posting the exact same message? And even the exact same message in other forums (MAYA and lightwave i.e.)…

http://www.cgtalk.com/search.php?s=&action=showresults&searchid=496028&sortby=lastpost&sortorder=descending

I say this as a user of this forum and not as developer myself, but it´s a bad strategy. :surprised

Yeah, they’ve done it many times in the past. Xfrog is a great product, but these fake endorsements really make Greenworks look like assholes.

geez not again man. They did this just a few months ago.

Its kinda silly I mean everyone already knows about Xfrog anyway.

pflanzenjoe : cynical dude…

when is version 4 out for cinema then being as you work for greenworks???

SHAME ON YOU…or is that SHAM FROM YOU!!!
:shame: :shame:

you get annoyed by the advertising on tv as well?

let them do their advertising for their product! we all want to make our living…
bringing the same post up every few month doesn’t hurt, does it? it will disapear soon enough! and isn’t it a good thing to let the new members know that those things are available?

… and no, i have nothing to do with that company. thanks to their »great« macintosh-support, i know this plugin only from pictures

dude why don’t you or didnt you have the beta of Xfrog it works for the mac.

Hi CosmicBear - it would be totally ok if it was Joe Pflanzen, Greenworks telling about their software. As is, it´s a little deceptive and I don´t think Greenworks need that - they´ve got a strong product. Take a look at Kaydara - their President Michel Besner is all over the net, spreading the word on Motionbuilder. That´s commitment! That´s a cool way of promoting a product.
I agree, it doesn´t hurt - it´s just silly and a peculiar route to take.

wouldn’t it make more sense to add it to the resources>plugins, so C4D newbies like myself can find it, I was greatful for the post, and I’m very impressed with the product. Thanks for the info pflanzenjoe. Bp+

Well,does pflanzenjoe really work for the Xfrog people?
If so,this is marketing in the style of freakin Robin Hood Software,
allthough,I have to be fair and say it IS on a smaller scale :slight_smile:
Anyways,if this is an employee,why on earth would he post pretending to be just a random user?
That makes no sense whatsoever,and if it’s the case,
it tells me something about how serious greenworks or whatever are about marketing.
Shouldn’t have to resort to stupid tactics like that,
considering their product is damn fine.
Well,I’ll shut up now…

Originally posted by dAfTiE
Well,does pflanzenjoe really work for the Xfrog people?
If so,this is marketing in the style of freakin Robin Hood Software,
allthough,I have to be fair and say it IS on a smaller scale :slight_smile:
Anyways,if this is an employee,why on earth would he post pretending to be just a random user?
That makes no sense whatsoever,and if it’s the case,
it tells me something about how serious greenworks or whatever are about marketing.
Shouldn’t have to resort to stupid tactics like that,
considering their product is damn fine.
Well,I’ll shut up now…

I don’t know for a fact that it’s an employee, but it sure looks that way. Every 3-4 months this same clown posts the identical message on at least 3-4 message boards, and the actual number is probably closer to 10-12. You never see any other posts from this guy, except to announce his profound love for Xfrog.

As others have said, I don’t mind a bit if a developer comes on the board promoting a new plugin, but it’s completely deceptive to pose as an end-user.

In fact I own Xfrog 3.5 and I like it a lot, but this trade practice is really offensive–and probably illegal in many US states.

P.S., if you don’t believe me do a search for pflanzenjoe on CGTalk.

This guy just posted the same message on the creative cow forum. Over there he uses the name ncoll. Strange guy. Must have eaten too many xfrogs.

I did do a search before I posted before,
and that’s why I asked if anyone knows if he is affiliated with greenworks…
Cuz if he is,it really is kind of like the marketing practices of Robin Hood Software.
(Makers of Evidence Eliminator…evil,EVIL people)
And like I said,it just seems like a really bad idea if he does in fact work for’em…
Can’t see it creating much good will among the customers,
trying to decieve them like that.
Also noticed a user with the same nick posting about Xfrog on the 3dBuzZ C4D forums BTW.

Joe Pflanzen…from Germany…selling Xfrog that is kind of known for plants?

Pflanzen in German means “plants”. It’s kinda like Joe Boxer :wink:
So I would be real surprised if that is his/her real name.

Originally posted by AdamT
Yeah, they’ve done it many times in the past. Xfrog is a great product, but these fake endorsements really make Greenworks look like assholes.

lol, maybe they’re desperate for customers, this kind of nuisance posting by marketing pinheads is uncalled for , samir’s tree generator is probably better anyway and it costs less, I don’t think xfrog will get many sales from this thread

why don’t they just post like the motionbuilder people…
its fine about info for a new cinema product…

i just don’t like the dishonesty of it all…
notice how plant-boy is willing to discuss it as per usual…spam and run…where’s a MOD when you need one!!! heh heh

(oooh and yeah i do get annoyed about TV advertising in case youre interested…):cool: …this is guerilla advertising…un-regulated, dishonest, cheap…and if done incorrectly…can damage your brand…theres a lesson there somewhere.

Ok time out :rolleyes: