New Workstation For VFX, Recommendations (2020)?

Hello everyone. Since I’m having hardware problems for the last four months or so and my current workstation is quite old I decided to go for a new one in February. Except I need recommendations because I have no idea what would work best for me.

I mostly use Maya, Mudbox, Nuke and After Effects…

My budget is around €1500 but I could spend a little more IF necessary.

Here is a first build I was thinking about. I am open to any suggestions on changes or entire new builds that you’d like to recommend:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 3.9GHz 8-Core Processor

Mainboard: ASUS TUF Gaming x570-Plus (Wifi) ATX AM4

Graphics: NVIDIA RTX 2070 SUPER 8GB - MSI Gaming X

RAM: 32GB (2 x 16GB) Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 CL16

PCI: Samsung 970 EVO PLUS 500GB M.2 Solid State Drive

Power Supply: Corsair CX Series CX550 550W ATX 2.4 Power Supply

Looks OK. I would change the psu and I would certainly pick a larger ssd (ssd prices could go up in the next months, so investing on a 1TB now would be a good idea imo).

What’s your final rendering software? If it’s not gpu based then you could switch to a small gpu, like the 2060 Super, and get the 3900X for better cpu performance.

I have V-Ray but to be honest I rarely use it because Im a cherry when it comes to rendering so most of the time if I want to make a small scene quickly I render my models using Element 3D in After Effects.

Oh, so in that case the 2070 Super would be a better choice.
I insist on the psu and ssd, though.
Get a higher Wattage psu with a better efficiency, Golden at least, ex. https://geizhals.de/corsair-rm-series-rm750-2019-cp-9020195-eu-a2066475.html?hloc=at&hloc=de
And grab yourself a larger ssd. It’s better to get it now, because they might get quite expensive in a few months.

Good idea. Thank you.