New Riptide Pro v2.6


#1

Hi guys,

I’ve finally got around to updating Riptide Pro :applause: - details below…

The Riptide Pro plugin has been updated to v2.6 and is now available at my site .

Riptide Pro is the premier Wavefront .obj (as well as .mdd file) Import/Export plugin for Cinema 4D with many advanced options and user-defined Presets.

v2.6
A few new features, additional optimizations and bug-fixes, etc…

  • MDD (point-cache animation) file changes:
    New Feature: “MDD Group Loader” tag added. This new tag allows you to set up - or modify - MDD animation on groups of mesh objects from a central location (it operates on any direct mesh object children of the parent object (typically a Null object) that the tag is attached to). See the MDD Group Loader section for details.
    All MDD IO features now have SwapYZ, FlipX, FlipZ options.
    .mdd Import/Export point scaling is now limited to up/down by factor of 1x -> 1000x …
    .mdd Deformer is now also limited to up/down by factor of 1x -> 1000x, but it currently uses a single floating point value (0.001 -> 1000.0). See the MDD Deformer section for details.
    Fixed .mdd Import to not ‘relocate’ the mesh points to the world zero location.
    Fixed a bug with exporting .mdd files, where source object ‘scaling’ was not accounted for correctly.
    Fixed a reported bug of the MDD Deformer sometimes corrupting the .mdd file - I never saw this issue myself, but the fix I put in place was verified to sucessfully stop/fix the problem.
  • General changes:
    New Feature: New .Obj Animation Sequence Import - works like .mdd import, but with a series of .obj files
    New Feature: .obj Import (only) now supports “Smoothing Groups” - if smoothing groups are present in the file, the plugin converts them to the appropriate phong edge breaks (assuming that the “Phong Tag” option is enabled). [NOTE: The process of Exporting smoothing groups to .obj files - based on (potentially non-polygon-contiguous) phong edge breaks - is a more complex problem to solve and has not (yet) been implemented]
    Improved ‘status’ messages during Import - far more informative during long imports
    Now parses “bump strength” values in .mtl files (import only, currently)
    Enlarged the Import line buffer size to accommodate very large nGons (nGons with large numbers of verts).
    Added code to correctly handle incorrect Daz Studio .mtl file info (map_D vs map_d)
    Added code to correctly handle other potential case-sensitive .mtl file errors (Daz Studio is notorious for not following the specification)
    Changed Diffuse (Color) channel to always be enabled if not disabled on Import options (will use default color if none loaded).
    Added code to (currently always) export Splines as .obj file ‘line’ records.
    All mesh-splitting options (including not splitting) now preserve vertex-ordering (previously only the “Don’t Split” and “Split by Group” options preserved vertex-ordering).
    All mesh-splitting options now cull out any unused vertices - this can also fix a problem when importing splines, where the spline points are being duplicated in the mesh (when not splitting).
    Unused vertices are added to scene as separate point-only mesh object (given that the appropriate options are set on the Mesh Splitting tab)
  • Optimizations:
    Optimized .obj Import speed in general - but particularly when there are large numbers of nGons (from 2->60 times faster)
    …also ‘actually’ optimized for large numbers of groups (left out in last update?)
  • Bug Fixes:
    Fixed a bug with importing group (or material or region) names longer than 255 characters.
    Fixed a bug with exporting .obj files, where source object ‘scaling’ was not accounted for correctly
    Fixed a bug with exporting .mdd files, where source object ‘scaling’ was not accounted for correctly (as listed above in the MDD section).
    Fixed .mdd Import to not ‘relocate’ the mesh points to the world zero location (as listed above in the MDD section).
    Fixed a reported bug of the MDD Deformer sometimes corrupting the .mdd file - I never saw this issue myself, but the fix I put in place was verified to sucessfully stop/fix the problem (as listed above in the MDD section).

…this is (as usual) a free update for all licensed users and a 30-day free trial is available for everyone else (just enter DEMO as a license key).


#2

BTW, there are 2 download versions available - one for R12 (or later) and one for R14 (or later)…

Either of them should work fine for any version of Cinema 4D R12 or later (including R13, R14, R15… R18). For the Mac, both downloads have the exact same plugin (the R12 or later version).


#3

cool, thank you keith!


#4

Thanks Keith for your generous work on this.


#5

How do I get this updated version (the key)? I already tried email, but it returned with “host or domain name not found”…Also tried pm at Skinprops, but no response there either… :shrug:


#6

Hi Nick,

I’m not sure what issue you had with e-mail, but it should be working fine (I get e-mails daily) - typhoon [at] jetbroadband [dot] com - could you try again?

Thanks,

Keith


#7

Hi Keith–trying to ping you here in case you are still getting cgtalk email notifications.

Been trying to contact you to get a new serial for R19 using the email you shared above and so far haven’t gotten a response.

Thanks


#8

For the last four years,I have been making an entire feature length film using DAZ Genesis figures
exported as obj/MDD with animation to C4D(older version).
This plugin is making this project possible.
Good to see it still being updated.

Thank you sir!!!


#9

I’ve just received my serials from Keith. He is well but apparently been facing some personal challenges.


#10

Thanks Andrew

Yes I just head back from him as well. :thumbsup:


#11

Received my R19 serials too. Great all is well again!