Hi guys, firstly I must say I am really impressed with this site. I have been lurking for over a month and I tried some of the exercises in the 15 min sketch thread.

Not many people find their passion but I luckily have found one of mine in art. My goals are to become much better in sketching and rendering landscapes and people in pencil. I also would like to then move onto working with colors and digital painting and perhaps painting with watercolor and oils.

At this very moment I am trying to master the human body and ignoring everything else, just so I can nail the body. I have been reading various books from Andrew Loomis amongst other things

Currently I have been channelling all my effort into The Structure of Man DVDs, which has been quite enlightening. Although I am getting tired now I have reached the ribcage tutorials!!!. Is it neccessary to know where every rib is on that rib cage?

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.