Needs to be a way to turn the portfolio off

Perhaps in the portfolio settings section there needs to be a button to turn the portfolio off. ie. to not show the personal details.

Yeah I was wondering if there was a way to switch of the Date of Birth from displaying?

DOB is sometimes used by a lot of services to authenticate people’s identities so it might not be a good idea to display it.

Yes it would be good to be able to turn all items off individually but also there should be a single checkbox for opting out of having a portfolio altogether.

There is an option to opt out of having a portfolio. Don’t register for one. The decision to create a portfolio is in the user’s hands. If you don’t visit the registration page, you won’t have a portfolio. It’s not a mandatory deal that comes with CGS membership.

Once you’ve registered however, there probably should be an option to remove your portfolio if you’re not interested. I mean, other than going through and deselecting your About, Blog, Guestbook and Images Displayed options.

Although making a “one click” option to turn it off is going to create a lot of “where’s my portfolio?” questions. There is no easy solution. :smiley:

As far as I know there is currently no way to turn off your About page. That and maybe the gallery I personaly would like checkboxes for on the Portfolio Settings page.

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.