Need help with and eye issue....

Need help with an eye issue…
Ok, I’ve been slowly getting the hang of modelling with blender and learning new things all the time. However I have currently hit a brick wall and I can’t find any tutorial on this matter. ( saying that I have put this question somewhere else but the more info I get the more I learn) I’m trying to build a face/head and it’s quite styled with cartoony squarish eyes and I don’t know how to go about doing it. I want the eyes to look (nearly flat but still move them in animation.

I see so many characters online that have flat looking eyes and have the same sort of effect I want, but I just can’t figure it out. If you can direct me to a tutorial or have any insight, then please help. I’m sure it doesn’t matter that I’m using blender, I would imagine all principals are the same.

Also, with this style, how would the blink work? would it work like a shutter? Anyway, heres my image…The main issues I’m having are…

Wrapping the eye socket around the sphere isn’t really a problem, but the problem is
from the side the eye appears round and quite bog-eyed and not the look I’m going for.

If I enlarge the sphere for it to appear flatter, the sphere then is obviously gigantic, overlapping the other eye ball AND appearing out from the side of the head.

Please help :slight_smile:

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.